EnCore Energy Corp. (EU:TSX.V; ENCUF:OTCQX) just became part of Red Cloud Securities' coverage of energy stocks given it is "set to become a leading, U.S.-based in situ recovery (ISR) uranium developer," according to analyst David Talbot in a Nov. 17 research note. Red Cloud initiated coverage on enCore with a Buy rating and a CA$2.75 per share target price. In comparison, the mining company's share price today is around CA$1.88.
"With uranium prices on the move and anticipated to rise further in the near term and with an extensive pipeline of ISR projects to develop, we believe investors should be keeping a close eye on this company," Talbot wrote.
The analyst further explained the reasons enCore Energy is compelling. For one, the British Columbia-headquartered company is well on its way to reaching its goal of becoming the leading American uranium producer. It has potential near-term production, which could come from the company's Rosita (production is expected to commence there in Q3/22) and Kingsville, two of the States' processing plants.
Mid-term production could come from its two new, advanced projects, Dewey Burdock in South Dakota (production is expected to start in H2/24) and Gas Hills in Wyoming, gained via the acquisition of Azarga Uranium. (Red Cloud expects the transaction to close and to do so soon, Talbot indicated).
"We consider Dewey Burdock, with its low $32 million ($32M) capex, to be one of the best U.S. ISR projects," wrote Talbot.
Longer term production could come from the other assets in enCore's portfolio, such as Marquez-Juan Tafoya in New Mexico. Production start there is penciled in for 2025.
Also, the new company, enCore plus Azarga, has sales contracts for 50% of its expected production over the first three years. Red Cloud projects the firm will reach uranium production of 3.4 Mlb by 2027.
"The combined company now owns over 15 uranium projects in the U.S. with close to about 100,000,000 pounds of uranium (100 Mlb of U3O8) in resources plus about 78 Mlb of historical uranium resources," noted Talbot.
Also, Talbot added, enCore has a strong balance sheet and no debt. It has CA$23M in cash, 0.1 Mlb of physical uranium and equity positions in Elephant Capital (Evolving Gold Corp.) and Group 11 Technologies.
Talbot pointed out that the fundaments for uranium are "strong and point to a new uranium
bull market," ideal for enCore. Uranium demand is rising whereas supply is decreasing, spot prices are going up (it is now at $47.25 per pound) and uranium equities generally outperform during periods of high inflation in the U.S., like we are in now.
Finally, enCore Energy trades at a discount to its peers, wrote Talbot, but the difference is expected to shrink as uranium prices improve, Rosita production comes online and the company advances projects.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
Important Disclosures for Red Cloud Securities Inc., enCore Energy Corp., Nov. 17, 2021
Red Cloud Securities Inc. is registered as an Investment Dealer in all Canadian provinces and territories, and is a member of the Investment Industry Organization of Canada (IIROC). Part of Red Cloud Securities Inc.'s business is to connect mining companies with suitable investors. Red Cloud Securities Inc., its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, representatives, researchers and members of their families may hold positions in the companies mentioned in this document and may buy and/or sell their securities. Additionally, Red Cloud Securities Inc. may have provided in the past, and may provide in the future, certain advisory or corporate finance services and receive financial and other incentives from issuers as consideration for the provision of such services.
Red Cloud Securities Inc. has prepared this document for general information purposes only. This document should not be considered a solicitation to purchase or sell securities or a recommendation to buy or sell securities. The information provided has been derived from sources believed to be accurate but cannot be guaranteed. This document does not take into account the particular investment objectives, financial situations, or needs of individual recipients and other issues (e.g. prohibitions to investments due to law, jurisdiction issues, etc.) which may exist for certain persons. Recipients should rely on their own investigations and take their own professional advice before investment. Red Cloud Securities Inc. will not treat recipients of this document as clients by virtue of having viewed this document.
Red Cloud Securities Inc. takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained herein, and accepts no legal responsibility for any errors or omissions contained herein, and accepts no legal responsibility from any losses resulting from investment decisions based on the content of this report.
Company Specific Disclosure Details
1. The analyst has visited the head office of the issuer or has viewed its material operations.
2. The issuer paid for or reimbursed the analyst for a portion or all of the travel expense associated with a visit.
3. In the last 12 months preceding the date of issuance of the research report or recommendation, Red Cloud Securities Inc. has performed investment banking services or has been retained under a service or advisory agreement by the issuer.
4. In the last 12 months, a partner, director or officer of Red Cloud Securities Inc., or the analyst involved in the preparation of the research report has received compensation for investment banking services from the issuer.
Analyst Certification: Any Red Cloud Securities Inc. research analyst named on this report hereby certifies that the recommendations and/or opinions expressed herein accurately reflect such research analyst’s personal views about the companies and securities that are the subject of this report. In addition, no part of any research analyst’s compensation is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed by such research analyst in this report.