In a Streetwise Live! broadcast on Sept. 9, 2021, from the 2021 Precious Metals Summit at Beaver Creek, Dr. Eric Owens, president and CEO of E2 Gold Inc. (ETU:TSX.V) and Dr. Quinton Hennigh, geologic and technical director of Crescat Capital, talked about the "exciting" potential of E2's Hawkins gold project in northcentral Ontario.
The broadcast began with Dr. Quinton Hennigh explaining what drew him to E2 Gold. Hennigh is the Geologic and Technical Director to Crescat Capital, which holds more than 10% of E2. A total of eight funds own E2, their and others' investments comprising about 65% of the company's 95 million outstanding shares.
"We, at Crescat, tend to look at compelling theses around investment, all driven by discovery. We look for companies willing to swing for the fence," he said.
That describes E2. The fully funded junior mining explorer is drill testing the hypothesis that the McKinnon zone of its Hawkins project in Ontario contains a Hemlo-like discovery at depth. Hemlo is Canada's largest gold deposit, previously discovered, about 110 kilometers away from Hawkins. E2's drilling in McKinnon so far has shown high-grade mineralization like that at Hemlo. Mineralization remains open in all directions, and the "geology is absolutely conducive for extension to this," Hennigh said.
"We know what Hemlo looks like," he added. "The basis for testing this thing at a deeper level is well founded on an existing analog, and this is an exciting opportunity."
To test for "a Hemlo," E2 Gold President and CEO Dr. Eric Owens said the company, with two rigs, is drilling 10 to12 holes at about a 500 meter depth in McKinnon. Also, E2 is planning future drill targets on other portions of its sizable land package.
Edwards asked Hennigh why investing in gold is a good idea right now. He said the "big values are in the dips, and this is one of those cases."
Regarding E2 Gold, the value it would create for shareholders were it to discover a Hemlo is "immense," according to Hennigh.
"If shareholders want to swing for the fence for very, very high value in the form of discovery, E2 Gold is an outstanding opportunity," Hennigh concluded.
- This broadcast does not constitute investment advice. Each viewer is encouraged to consult with his or her individual financial professional and any action a viewer takes as a result of information presented here is his or her own responsibility. This broadcast is not a solicitation for investment. Streetwise Live! does not render general or specific investment advice and the information should not be considered a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Streetwise Live! does not endorse or recommend the business, products, services or securities of any company mentioned here.
- Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the presenters and not of Streetwise Live! or its officers. The presenters are wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The presenter was not paid by Streetwise Live! for this broadcast. Streetwise Live! requires presenters to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Live! relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Live! has no means of verifying its accuracy.
- The following companies discussed in this broadcast have paid a $10,000 fee to participate: E2 Gold Inc.
- From time to time, Streetwise Live! and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for broadcasts and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. As of the date of this broadcast, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Live! (including members of their household) own securities of the following companies discussed in this broadcast: E2 Gold Inc. E2 Gold Inc. is a billboard sponsor of Streetwise Reports, an affiliate of Streetwise Live! (description available at https://www.streetwisereports.com/disclaimer/).
- Eric Owens - President, CEO and Director, E2Gold owns securities of the company.
- Disclosures for: Quinton Hennigh - PhD Geologic and Technical Director, Crescat Capital. I, or members of my immediate household or family, own securities of the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None. My company has a financial relationship with the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None.
- Disclosures for: Cyndi Edwards, Host. I, or members of my immediate household or family, own securities of the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None. My company has a financial relationship with the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None.
Important Crescat Disclosures Provided by Crescat Capital
Please read Crescat’s important disclosures.
Nothing herein should be construed as personalized investment advice or a recommendation that you buy, sell, or hold any security or other investment or that you pursue any investment style or strategy.
Case studies are included for informational purposes only and are provided as a general overview of Crescat’s general investment process, and not as indicative of any investment experience. There is no guarantee that the case studies discussed here are completely representative of Crescat’s strategies or of the entirety of its investments.
Crescat has compiled its research in good faith and while it uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, it is provided on an “as is” basis with no warranties of any kind. Crescat does not warrant that the information on this site is accurate, reliable, up to date or correct. In no event will Crescat be responsible or liable for the correctness of any such research or for any damage or lost opportunities resulting from use of its data.
You should assume that as of the publication date, Crescat has a position in any securities discussed and therefore stands to realize significant gains in the event the price of security moves. Following the publication date, Crescat intends to continue transacting in the securities, and may be long, short, or neutral at any time.