The Streetwise Live! broadcast on July 6, 2021, focused on gold as an investment and gold exploration company Riley Gold Corp. (RLYG:TSX.V; RLYGF:OTCQB). The broadcast featured guests Gwen Preston, editor of the Resource Maven newsletter, and Todd Hilditch, Riley Gold's CEO.
Cyndi Edwards began the broadcast by asking Gwen Preston, the Resource Maven, why some investors aren't even aware of gold as an investment option. That phenomenon, Preston said, most likely is due to gold's ebb and flow, going in and out of phases of "incredible value."
"When we get a gold bull market, it is incredibly profitable for investors who are positioned for that, and you can be positioned in low risk gold miners all the way through to high risk gold explorers," she said. "It really works when the market's hot, and all the macroeconomic forces are lined up for the market to work right now."
Looking forward, Preston purports that by fall, gold's strongest season, the precious metal will be heating up. In the meantime, for the next month or two, though, the gold price will stay about the same while the market determines how much inflation we'll see and for how long, and what, if anything, the Federal Reserve intends to do regarding interest rates. She pointed out that inflation is good for gold, saying that high inflation makes gold prices rise because gold is a hedge against a devaluing dollar.
"I really think gold has support almost no matter what happens, from a macroeconomic perspective, as a hedge against uncertainty and simply because gold at $1,800 means gold miners are printing money," Preston added. "So gold just makes a lot of sense as a dividend paying, low risk stock."
Edwards noted that Riley Gold Corp. is an exploration company looking for gold in Nevada's Great Basin. She asked its CEO, Todd Hilditch, whether the state still has gold to be found. He responded that yes, it does.
"The state of Nevada is sixth largest [gold] producer as a region in the world," he added. "The gold endowment in this state is unbelievable, and we believe there's lots more to be found."
Hilditch then described Riley Gold's two projects. One is Tokop, located in the Walker Lane Trend and on a 20-plus kilometer land package. The project was last explored by another operator 10 years ago. Since Riley Gold brought it online in 2020, the company has conducted a sampling program of 200 samples, which showed reasonably good widths and 0.5 ounce material at surface. Based on those results, Riley Gold planned and began a 20-hole drill program. The three holes drilled to date at Tokop returned up to 17 grams per ton (17 g/t) gold.
"We're fortunate that our truth serum in the drill rig was able to show that we do have high grade subsurface," Hilditch said.
The explorer intends to keep drilling at Tokop throughout the summer, as well as mapping, sampling and doing additional geophysics.
Riley Gold's other project, Hilditch said, is Pipeline West/Clipper, in the Battle Mountain-Eureka Trend and adjacent to Nevada Gold Mines' Gold Acres open pit. Riley Gold plans to start work at Pipeline West/Clipper this fall.
Edwards noted that Riley Gold is getting analysts and others' attention. For example, she said, Gerardo Del Real of Resource Stock Digest says the Vancouver-based explorer's numbers so far are great. They show up to 17 g/t gold and 253 g/t silver at Tokop.
Preston, the expert behind The Maven Letter newsletter, also considers Riley Gold a good investment for those looking for a high risk-high reward play, she said, as it meets her requirements in four areas: people, structure, project and plans. The Riley Gold team is experienced with proven success. The company structure is ideal. The project is mostly unexplored, is in a great location, has high grade gold and has potential for low grade bulk gold. Also, the company has plans to create value for shareholders, and its first drill results are good.
Hilditch touched on Riley Gold's structure, noting management has been intentional about limiting the number of shares it has issued and outstanding, which is 25 million. Management also purposefully opted to start with a project at the beginning of the life cycle versus buying and trying to develop ounces in the ground, thereby increasing the potential rewards for investors.
As for Riley Gold's team, Hilditch said it includes exploration manager Charlie Sulfrian, who has 40 years of production-to-development geological experience, 22 of those years with Barrick, and chairman William Lamb, whose experience includes finding golf ball-sized diamonds in Botswana as the CEO of Lucara Diamond Corp.. The rest of the Riley Gold team together advanced four companies in the last decade to the point of getting taken over, doing a takeover or merging with another entity.
The broadcast ended with Hilditch describing a photo depicting core from Tokop. He said the core in the bottom of the photo returned 17 g/t gold and that in the top demonstrated 0.522 g/t gold.
Click on the link below to view the broadcast:
Streetwise Reports Disclosure:
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with Riley Gold. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Riley Gold, a company mentioned in this article.
- This broadcast does not constitute investment advice. Each viewer is encouraged to consult with his or her individual financial professional and any action a viewer takes as a result of information presented here is his or her own responsibility. This broadcast is not a solicitation for investment. Streetwise Live! does not render general or specific investment advice and the information should not be considered a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Streetwise Live! does not endorse or recommend the business, products, services or securities of any company mentioned here.
- Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the presenters and not of Streetwise Live! or its officers. The presenters are wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The presenter was not paid by Streetwise Live! for this broadcast. Streetwise Live! requires presenters to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Live! relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Live! has no means of verifying its accuracy.
- The following companies discussed in this broadcast have paid a $10,000 fee to participate: Riley Gold Corp.
- From time to time, Streetwise Live! and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for broadcasts and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. As of the date of this broadcast, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Live! (including members of their household) own securities of the following companies discussed in this broadcast: Riley Gold Corp. Riley Gold Corp. has a consulting relationship with an affiliate of Streetwise Live! (description available at https://www.streetwisereports.com/disclaimer/html#consulting). Riley Gold Corp. is not a billboard sponsor of Streetwise Reports, an affiliate of Streetwise Live! (description available at https://www.streetwisereports.com/disclaimer/).
- Todd Hilditch - CEO, Director owns securities of the company.
- Disclosures for: Gwen Preston - The Resource Maven. I, or members of my immediate household or family, own securities of the following companies discussed in the broadcast: Riley Gold Corp. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None. My company has a financial relationship with the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None.
- Disclosures for: Cyndi Edwards, Host. I, or members of my immediate household or family, own securities of the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None. My company has a financial relationship with the following companies discussed in the broadcast: None.