In a June 15 research note, analyst Adam Schatzker reported that Research Capital Corp. initiated coverage on Emerita Resources Corp. (EMO:TSX.V; EMOTF:OTCMKTS; LLJ:FSE) with a Speculative Buy rating and a CA$2.30 per share target price. The stock is currently trading at about CA$1.45 per share.
Emerita "is an excellent exploration vehicle for investors seeking exposure to high quality zinc exploration assets with excellent infrastructure, a solid mining culture and low political risk," Schatzker wrote.
He described Emerita and qualified it as a "new Iberian Pyrite Belt, zinc-focused company." Spain's Iberian Pyrite Belt (IPB) is one of the world's largest and most prolific volcanogenic massive sulfide areas, Schatzker noted. In the IPB, Emerita owns the Iberian Belt West (IBW) concession, having acquired it in 2020 through a tender process with the Spanish government.
"The IBW project is, in our view, a highly prospective land package with the potential of hosting at least one economic base metal mine," Schatzker wrote.
Emerita's IBW property contains two projects, La Infanta and Romanera, both offering exploration upside. La Infanta has a historical resource estimate of 800,000 tons grading 1.77% copper, 6.91% lead, 12.66% zinc and 148 grams per ton (148 g/t) silver. Because historical drilling was limited at La Infanta, the resource there could likely be expanded. At the project, Emerita plans to drill 30 holes over 5,000 meters and have magnetic and electromagnetic geophysical surveys conducted there.
As for Romanera, its historical resource estimate is 34 million tons grading 2.3% zinc, 2.2% lead, 0.42% copper, 44.4 g/t silver and 0.8 g/t gold. Emerita aims to expand this deposit through drilling.
"We believe that the company is worthy of investment based on the IBW project alone. However, the real upside for shareholders would be realized should [Emerita] successfully acquire the Aznalcóllar project through the tender process," Schatzker wrote.
To date, litigation has hindered and delayed the Aznalcóllar-related tender process since 2014, but Schatzker noted it seems as though an outcome will finally occur this year. If Emerita's acquisition of the previously mined Aznalcóllar project goes through, the company will gain a "world-class, brownfield zinc development project" also in the IBW. Additionally, Research Capital would increase its price target on Emerita to $3.30 per share, and the mining company may become a takeout target.
"Upside will be driven by both exploration and the results of the tender process," Schatzker wrote.
As for finances, Schatzker noted that Emerita has enough funds to cover its IBW exploration plans and, should the acquisition go through, initial work at Aznalcóllar. The company has about $8 million in cash as of March 31, 2021, and another roughly $8.6 million in money warrants and options.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Emerita Resources. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Emerita Resources, a company mentioned in this article.
Disclosures from Mackie Research, Emerita Resources Corp., Initiating Coverage, June 15, 2021
RELEVANT DISCLOSURES APPLICABLE TO COMPANIES UNDER COVERAGE
1. Relevant disclosures required under Rule 3400 applicable to companies under coverage discussed in this research report are available on our web site at www.mackieresearch.com.
2. This Issuer has generated investment banking revenue for Research Capital Corp.
I, Adam Schatzker, certify the views expressed in this report were formed by my review of relevant company data and industry investigation, and accurately reflect my opinion about the investment merits of the securities mentioned in the report. I also certify that my compensation is not related to specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
Each analyst of Research Capital Corporation whose name appears in this report hereby certifies that (i) the recommendations and opinions expressed in this research report accurately reflect the analyst’s personal views and (ii) no part of the research analyst's compensation was or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific conclusions or recommendations expressed in this research report.
Research Capital Corporation, its directors, officers and other employees may, from time to time, have positions in the securities mentioned herein.