Maurice Jackson: Joining us for a conversation is Bill Pincus, the president, director and CEO of Miramont Resources Corp. (MONT:CSE; MRRMF:OTCQB), which is developing new opportunities in world-class mining districts.
Bill, we have some great news to share with current and prospective shareholders, but before we begin, for first-time listeners, please share who is Miramont Resources, and what is the thesis you're attempting to prove?
Bill Pincus: Miramont Resources is a junior exploration company. We have two copper gold projects in Peru. Both are relatively early-stage prospects. One (Cerro Hermoso) is ready to drill, and one is getting near ready to drill, so what we're looking for, what our thesis is, we're looking for large bulk tonnage that has the potential to be very significant type ore deposits.
Maurice Jackson: Bill, provide us with some historical context on the region in Peru where Miramont has its projects.
Bill Pincus: We're working in Southern Peru, which is known as one of the world's great copper provinces. You have the giant mines of Toquepala, Cuajone, Cerro Verde, and Quellaveco is now being developed. These all produce hundreds of thousands of tons of copper metal annually. Our project, Lukkacha, is located right in this belt. We're about 10 kilometers from one of the newer porphyry projects, by, I believe it's Anglo American. But most importantly, we're in one of the world's great copper regions, so as an exploration company, we are the hunters, and if you're going to hunt the elephants that we're looking for, you want to be in the elephant country, and that's exactly where we are.
Maurice Jackson: Walk us through both of your projects and the value propositions they present to the market, beginning with Cerro Hermoso.
Bill Pincus: Cerro Hermoso is our most advanced project. This is the one that we will begin drilling early next year. When we first started looking at it, we were looking at it because of some pretty significant gold values we were finding in rock chip and rock channel samples. But as the project has emerged over the past year, with our continued exploration, it's really turned into a copper polymetallic project, copper-gold-silver, as well as some lead and zinc. But I think copper is the primary metal.
And it has the potential to be a very, very significant, large bulk tonnage deposit. That's what we're exploring for, and that's what we hope to find. So, you know, we hope when we begin our first round of drilling, a discovery round of drilling, to identify significant subsurface mineralization.
Maurice Jackson: Tell us about your second project, Lukkacha.
Bill Pincus: Lukkacha, which is further to the southwest of Cerro Hermoso, is a classic copper porphyry system. We have now concluded a round of both reconnaissance mapping, followed up with detailed mapping, and what's emerging is the classic picture of a copper porphyry system, in terms of the typical alteration patterns you would expect, the typical mineralization patterns you would expect, and the typical geologic patterns you would expect. So, we would like to do a little bit more work on this. We've done detailed geochemical sampling, detailed mapping, but we do want to take it to a round of geophysics.
We have drill targets emerging, but obviously, we want to refine that before we actually drill. So, if all goes according to plan, we think we're looking at a completely new porphyry system, un-drilled, that is exhibiting many of the characteristics of similar systems nearby.
Maurice Jackson: On the 4th of December, Miramont received some great news for current and prospective shareholders. What can you share with us?
Bill Pincus: We got our drilling permit. This is for the Cerro Hermoso property. To be very honest with you, the process was just a tad longer than we had anticipated, and we had to jump through a few more hoops than we anticipated, but we did get our drilling permits. We've been in touch with the driller, and we should have a rig on site, ready to turn, in the second half of January, 2019.
Maurice Jackson: Mr. Pincus, I'm going to have a multilayered question here for you. What is the next unanswered question for Miramont Resources, when can we expect an answer, and what determines success?
Bill Pincus: Well, the next unanswered question is what do we find in the Cerro Hermoso drilling? We've done everything we possibly can, and we have great drill targets, but you know, the true test is what's in the subsurface. So, that's the next unanswered question. As I said, we should start drilling late January, so I would expect answers probably early March.
Maurice Jackson: And what will determine success, sir?
Bill Pincus: Well, success will be this is the first round of drilling in a project that's never been drilled. You know, a great lengthy ore section would be huge success, but I think we have to get enough intercept and grade to make us firmly believe that our geologic model is correct, and that we can move forward and predict what will happen in the future from there.
Maurice Jackson: Switching gears, talk to us about the capital structure.
Bill Pincus: Miramont has 50 million shares outstanding. We have warrants priced at 45 cents that expire in Nov.19. We closed yesterday, at 26 cents Canadian. We have no debt, so I would call it a clean, simple capital structure. Most of the shares are fairly tightly held.
Maurice Jackson: What keeps you up at night that we don't know about?
Bill Pincus: Unanswered questions. You know, this project, Cerro Hermoso, has been really a lot of fun for me, and it's followed a pattern that I think is characteristic of excellent prospects, which is every time we go there, every time we take another look, every time we investigate something, we find something new that encourages us that there's significant mineralization in the system. You know, we've done all that work. Now, we had to test that with a drill rig, and I guess that's what keeps me up at night. What are we going to find with that drill rig?
Maurice Jackson: Last question. What did I forget to ask?
Bill Pincus: Well, I'm not sure. I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I would say that if any readers have any questions, they can get onto our website, where they could book a phone call with either myself or our vice president, Tyson King, 604.398.4493, and we'll be able to answer any follow-up questions they may have.
Maurice Jackson: And Bill, in regards to that, if investors do want to get more information about Miramont Resources, please do share the website address with us.
Bill Pincus: Quite simple, www.miramontresources.com.
Maurice Jackson: And as a reminder, Miramont Resources trades on the CSE symbol MONT, and on the OTCQB symbol MRRMF. Last but not least, please visit our website www.provenandprobable.com where we interview the most respected names in the natural resource space. You may reach us at [email protected].
Bill Pincus of Miramont Resources, thank you for joining us today on Proven and Probable.
Maurice Jackson is the founder of Proven and Probable, a site that aims to enrich its subscribers through education in precious metals and junior mining companies that will enrich the world.[NLINSERT]
1) Bill Pincus: I, or members of my immediate household or family, own shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: Miramont. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: Miramont.
2) Maurice Jackson: I, or members of my immediate household or family, own shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: No. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None. My company has a financial relationship with the following companies mentioned in this article: Miramont is a sponsor of Proven and Probable. Proven and Probable disclosures are listed below.
3) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
4) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Streetwise Reports for this article. Streetwise Reports was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Streetwise Reports requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Reports relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Reports has no means of verifying its accuracy.
6) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
Proven and Probable LLC receives financial compensation from its sponsors. The compensation is used is to fund both sponsor-specific activities and general report activities, website, and general and administrative costs. Sponsor-specific activities may include aggregating content and publishing that content on the Proven and Probable website, creating and maintaining company landing pages, interviewing key management, posting a banner/billboard, and/or issuing press releases. The fees also cover the costs for Proven and Probable to publish sector-specific information on our site, and also to create content by interviewing experts in the sector. Monthly sponsorship fees range from $1,000 to $4,000 per month. Proven and Probable LLC does accept stock for payment of sponsorship fees. Sponsor pages may be considered advertising for the purposes of 18 U.S.C. 1734.
The Information presented in Proven and Probable is provided for educational and informational purposes only, without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of accuracy, completeness, or fitness for any particular purpose. The Information contained in or provided from or through this forum is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice, investment advice, trading advice or any other advice. The Information on this forum and provided from or through this forum is general in nature and is not specific to you the User or anyone else. You should not make any decision, financial, investments, trading or otherwise, based on any of the information presented on this forum without undertaking independent due diligence and consultation with a professional broker or competent financial advisor. You understand that you are using any and all Information available on or through this forum at your own risk.