New data on CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. (CRSP: NASDAQ) CAR-T therapy, CTX130, shows efficacy at higher doses in patients with CD70-positive relapsed/refractory T-cell lymphoma, reported ROTH Capital Partners analyst Tony Butler in a May 12th research note. CRISPR develops gene-based medicines.
"We are impressed by the initial data from CTX130," Butler wrote, an anti-CD70, allogeneic, chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy.
These dose-escalation data are available in the abstract for an oral presentation to take place at the 2022 European Hematology Association (EHA) scheduled for June 11th. The talk is titled "The COBALTLYM Study of CTX130: A Phase 1 Dose Escalation Study of CD70-Targeted Allogeneic CRISPR-Cas9–Engineered CAR-T Cells in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory (R/R) T-cell Malignancies."
Specifically in the COBALTLYM study so far, the higher doses of CTX130, 300 million and 900 million cells, demonstrated a 29% complete response (CR) rate and a 100% disease control rate Lower doses were 30 million and 100 million cells. The overall response rate (ORR) was shown to be 71%, and the disease control rate, 100%.
Jallah highlighted that these results are better than those of drugs approved in this indication during the last 15 years: Pralatrexate, Romidepsin, and Belinostat. Their associated CRs are 11%, 15% and 11% and their ORRs, 29%, 25% and 26%, respectively.
CRISPR Therapeutics' CTX130 also showed an acceptable safety profile.
"We are interested in what CRISPR Therapeutics presents at the EHA meeting," Butler wrote. "If there are data available with a longer follow-up, a possible deepening of response over time as well as the median progression-free survival will be of importance."
ROTH has a Buy rating and a $147 per share target price on the biotech, the current share price of which is around $43.67.
|Want to be the first to know about interesting Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.||Subscribe|
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees, or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in the securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees, or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees, and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed, medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures for Roth Capital Partners, CRISPR Therapeutics PLC, May 12, 2022
An Associated Person owns debt or equity securities of CRISPR Therapeutics PLC.
ROTH makes a market in shares of CRISPR Therapeutics PLC and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis.
A Research Analyst and/or a member of the Analyst's household own(s) debt or equity securities of CRISPR Therapeutics PLC stock.
Not Covered [NC]: ROTH does not publish research or have an opinion about this security.
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking or other business relationships with the covered companies mentioned in this report in the next three months. The material, information, and facts discussed in this report other than the information regarding ROTH Capital Partners, LLC and its affiliates, are from sources believed to be reliable, but are in no way guaranteed to be complete or accurate. This report should not be used as a complete analysis of the company, industry or security discussed in the report. Additional information is available upon request. This is not, however, an offer or solicitation of the securities discussed. Any opinions or estimates in this report are subject to change without notice. An investment in the stock may involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. Additionally, an investment in the stock may involve a high degree of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. No part of this report may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of ROTH.