In a Feb. 10 research note, Red Cloud Securities analyst Jacob Willoughby reported that Troilus Gold Corp.'s (TLG:TSX; CHXMF:OTCQB) latest drill results from its 2020 fall-winter drill campaign at the Troilus project were positive. "The three drill holes reported from the Southwest (SW) zone have identified new extensions of mineralization at depth and confirmed the continuity of mineralization within the proposed PEA pit area and are expected to expand the current ~8.1M oz Au Eq I&I resource base," the analyst wrote.
"Troilus is amongst the first to explore targets aggressively and systematically outside the historical mining footprint, and we believe it has begun to highlight the district-scale potential of its 107,300 hectare land package," Willoughby stated.
Willoughby noted the drilling identified new extensions of mineralization at depth. Hole TLG-ZSW20-203 intersected unknown higher-grade zones of mineralization, thereby extending mineralization about 100 meters (100m) below the pit area proposed in the preliminary economic assessment (PEA). The hole returned 6.66 grams per ton gold equivalent (6.66 g/t Ag eq) over 3m including 17.92 g/t Au eq over 1 m along with 1.2 g/t Au eq over 16m.
Drilling, via hole TLG-ZSW20-200, confirmed the continuity of mineralization within the PEA pit area, Willoughby noted. Highlight assays were 1.44 g/t Au eq over 6m and 3.35 g/t Au eq over 1m within a broader intersection of 1.07 g/t Au eq over 9m.
Also, because TLG-ZSW20-200 was outside of the resource envelope, its results indicate the existing resource could be expanded from its current Indicated and Inferred 8,100,000 ounces of gold equivalent, Willoughby stated.
"In addition to increasing the production profile, the discovery of new, near-surface zones of higher-grade mineralization, especially within the PEA pit, is expected to significantly enhance the economics of the Troilus project," Willoughby highlighted.
He went on to note that Troilus Gold continues to drill with four rigs at Troilus. The explorer's current 20,000 meter program, in progress, calls for expansion drilling in the Southwest zone, which remains open in all directions; infill drilling in the Z87 and J zones; and geotechnical drilling for the upcoming prefeasibility study. Willoughby noted the company is well positioned financially to advance Troilus throughout 2021 and carry out regional exploration.
Near-term potential catalysts for Troilus Gold's stock, Willoughby indicated, are additional drill results from the Southwest, Z87 and J zones. Then, later this year, a resource estimate update and a subsequent prefeasibility study are expected.
Red Cloud has a Buy rating and a CA$3.50 per share price target on Troilus Gold. The stock is trading now at about CA$1.04 per share.[NLINSERT]
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Troilus Gold. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
Disclosures from Red Cloud Securities, Troilus Gold Corp., Exploration Update, February 10, 2021
Part of Red Cloud Securities Inc.'s business is to connect mining companies with suitable investors. Red Cloud Securities Inc., its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, representatives, researchers and members of their families may hold positions in the companies mentioned in this document and may buy and/or sell their securities. Additionally, Red Cloud Securities Inc. may have provided in the past, and may provide in the future, certain advisory or corporate finance services and receive financial and other incentives from issuers as consideration for the provision of such services.
Company Specific Disclosure Details
3. In the last 12 months preceding the date of issuance of the research report or recommendation, Red Cloud Securities Inc. has performed investment banking services and has been retained under a service or advisory agreement by the issuer.
4. In the last 12 months, a partner, director or officer of Red Cloud Securities Inc., or the analyst involved in the preparation of the research report has received compensation for investment banking services from the issuer.
The Red Cloud Securities Inc. Analyst named on the report hereby certifies that the recommendations and/or opinions expressed herein accurately reflect such research analyst’s personal views about the company and securities that are the subject of this report; or any companies mentioned in the report that are also covered by the named analyst. In addition, no part of the research analyst’s compensation is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed by such research analyst in this report.