In a Dec. 11 research note, analyst Jeffrey Cohen reported that Aytu BioScience Inc. (AYTU:NASDAQ) signed a definitive agreement to acquire Neos Therapeutics in an all-stock transaction.
"We are encouraged by the merger as it demonstrates Aytu's commitment to capitalize on strategic mergers and acquisitions opportunities to drive topline results and commercialization efforts," Cohen wrote.
Additionally, Ladenburg Thalmann raised its target price on Aytu to $17.20 per share from $1.75 to reflect the 1-for-10 reverse stock split the pharmaceutical firm effected on Dec. 9, 2020. Aytu's current share price is $6.56.
He described Neos as a specialty pharmaceutical company with two attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) drugs on the market: Adzenys XR-ODT and Cotempla XR-ODT. The company commercially launched Adzenys in 2016, Cotempla in 2017 and Adzenys Extended Release in 2019. Neos' extended release platform is proprietary and patented.
"Neos' products have outpaced growth in the ADHD market and continue to demonstrate growth of 9.9% for Adzenys and 6.5% for Cotempla," added Cohen.
The analyst provided the specifics of the acquisition, valued at about $44.9 million. For every share of Neos common stock, Aytu will issue to Neos 0.1088 of a share of Aytu common stock. Upon closing of the deal, estimated to be in Q2/21, Neos shareholders will own about 30% of the combined company on a fully diluted basis.
As for future management, current Aytu CEO Josh Disbrow will remain as CEO of the combined company. The eight-member board will include six Aytu and two Neos directors.
Ladenburg Thalmann updated its Aytu model to reflect the transaction, Cohen noted. In addition to increasing its target price, it boosted FY21 revenue to $60.9 million from $55 million and FY22 revenue to $101.1 million from $64.9 million. "We have also improved our bottom line to now reflect net loss for FY-2021, 2022, and 2023 of $17.8 million, $12.2 million and $5.5 million, respectively," Cohen noted.
The investment bank's rating on Aytu is Buy.[NLINSERT]
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures from Ladenburg Thalmann, Aytu BioScience Inc., December 11, 2020
ANALYST CERTIFICATION: I, Jeffrey S. Cohen, attest that the views expressed in this research report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject security and issuer. Furthermore, no part of my compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation or views expressed in this research report, provided, however, that:
The research analyst primarily responsible for the preparation of this research report has or will receive compensation based upon various factors, including the volume of trading at the firm in the subject security, as well as the firm’s total revenues, a portion of which is generated by investment banking activities.
COMPANY SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES:
Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. makes a market in Aytu BioScience, Inc..
Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. intends to seek compensation for investment banking and/or advisory services from Aytu BioScience, Inc. within the next 3 months.
Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc had an investment banking relationship with Aytu BioScience, Inc. within the last 12 months.
Ladenburg Thalmann & Co Inc. acted in an advisory capacity for Aytu BioScience, Inc. in the last 12 months.