In a Dec. 1 research note, Cowen analyst Dr. Joshua Jennings reported that Quotient Ltd. (QTNT:NASDAQ) announced "strong concordance results" from the recent European Union (EU) field trial of its MosaiQ Expanded Immunohematology (IH) Microarray transfusion diagnostics platform.
"These data represent a significant milestone in the MosaiQ development journey as the system is now on the cusp of EU commercialization," Jennings added.
MosaiQ is a fully automated, consolidated testing platform that should increase efficiency and productivity. "It is expected to perform all mandated serological disease screening tests, such as HIV and hepatitis, and enable the detection of additional pathogens, thereby increasing the safety of the blood supply," Jennings explained.
He presented the preliminary EU data and what they mean for advancing the product. MosaiQ identified antigens A, B, E, e, K, k and Cw with 100% concordance and antigens D, C, c with 99% concordance, to a predicate system. It detected antibodies with 97% concordance.
"The totality of data recorded in these results should rule the day and drive an approval decision," Jennings commented.
That decision is expected in Q2/21, assuming Quotient files a CE mark application that includes the field study results, by year-end, which it intends to do. The biotech will request two CE marks, one for a basic menu and one for a comprehensive menu that encompasses every test in its expanded menu. This strategy should afford Quotient more flexibility when dealing with specific tenders in Europe.
"With an approval in hand, the company will be able to market its first commercial test menu for MosaiQ (Expanded IH + Initial Serological Disease Screening) in Europe," Jennings highlighted.
Cowen expects Quotient to "gain early and medium traction after the 2021 launch," for several reasons, Jennings indicated. For one, key opinion leaders and consultants continue to purport that if MosaiQ can identify antigens, detect antibodies and screen for serologic diseases as well as the existing platforms do then it can disrupt the industry. Also, feedback from EU hypercare sites is reported to have been positive.
The timing should benefit the launch as 15 EU tenders are expected to become available starting in Q2/21 and throughout the ensuing one and a half years.
Further, Quotient's successful commercial debut of its COVID-19 Antibody Microarray bodes well for this next one. With the previous, the company signed up 10 clients within three months' time and has built industry relationships in the process. Finally, the company will be able to easily meet initial demand as it already has inventory, of about 20 systems, on hand.
Cowen has an Outperform rating on Quotient because the "MosaiQ platform has the potential to transform the blood transfusion diagnostic industry," Jennings noted. The investment banking company has a $14 per share price target on Quotient, the current share price of which is about $6.94.[NLINSERT]
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Quotient Ltd., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures from Cowen, Quotient Ltd., Company Update, December 1, 2020
Each author of this research report hereby certifies that (i) the views expressed in the research report accurately reflect his or her personal views about any and all of the subject securities or issuers, and (ii) no part of his or her compensation was, is, or will be related, directly or indirectly, to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
Cowen and Company, LLC and or its affiliates make a market in the stock of Quotient Ltd, Establishment Labs and Itamar Medical securities.
Cowen and Company, LLC managed or co-managed a public offering of Quotient Ltd and Establishment Labs in the past 12 months.
Cowen and Company, LLC received compensation for investment banking services from Quotient Ltd, Establishment Labs and Itamar Medical in the past 12 months.
Cowen and Company, LLC and/or its affiliates expect to receive, or intend to seek, compensation for investment banking services in the next 3 months from Quotient Ltd.
Quotient Ltd, Establishment Labs and Itamar Medical is or has been in the past 12 months a client of Cowen and Company, LLC; Cowen and Company, LLC has provided or is providing investment banking services during the past 12 months.
Cowen and Company, LLC and/or its affiliates beneficially own 1% or more of the common equity securities of Establishment Labs.
Cowen and Company, LLC compensates research analysts for activities and services intended to benefit the firm's investor clients. Individual compensation determinations for research analysts, including the author(s) of this report, are based on a variety of factors, including the overall profitability of the firm and the total revenue derived from all sources, including revenues from investment banking, sales and trading or principal trading revenues. Cowen and Company, LLC does not compensate research analysts based on specific investment banking transactions or specific sales and trading or principal trading revenues.