In a news release, specialty life sciences company Revive Therapeutics Ltd. (RVV:TSX.V; RVVTF:OTCMKTS) provided an update on the status of its oral thin-film delivery system with psilocybin. The firm indicated that the product is being developed as part of a research partnership agreement with the Reed Research Group, which is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Revive Therapeutics stated that for several months it has been investigating a number of different dosage forms. The company advised that "it has completed an oral thin-film strip product with psilocybin with dosage forms ranging between 1 mg and 20 mg." The firm noted that the technical and scientific data is currently being processed and finalized for the thin-film strip, which it states has demonstrated versatile properties and effective psilocybin release from composites.
The company's CEO Michael Frank commented, "We are very pleased to have achieved this development milestone of our orally dissolvable thin film strip for psilocybin, which can be used in FDA human clinical studies and as a unique product for medical use in states where psilocybin therapy use is permitted, such as Oregon following the passage of Measure 109...There is a significant market opportunity for our unique oral thin film strip technology for not only delivering psilocybin, but also delivering numerous psychedelic-based medicines to treat various diseases and disorders that would benefit from such a delivery method. Also, we are in a position to begin partnering with life sciences companies seeking to add unique offerings in their psychedelic-based product pipeline and with companies operating in the U.S. where psilocybin therapy use is legal."
The company noted that together with the Reed Research Group "it is developing tannin-chitosan composite of orally dissolvable thin films which offers a unique delivery platform for therapeutic doses (1-20mg) of psilocybin into the oral cavity." The firm said that an orally dissolvable psilocybin thin film allows for rapid dissolving and onset of action into the bloodstream.
The company stated that it has finalized the prototypes and is undergoing preparations to scale manufacturing for use in other future psilocybin and psychedelic-derived medicines clinical trials.
In addition to the thin films, Revive Therapeutics explained that the drug delivery technology offers the potential to deliver a combination of multiple extracts from mushrooms in one formulation via creams or ointments, oral or transdermal patches, topical gels and oral dosages and foams.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Revive Therapeutics. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Revive Therapeutics, a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.