CloudMD Software & Services Inc. (DOC:TSX.V; DOCRF:OTCQB; 6PH:FSE) agreed to acquire a 51% interest in Ontario-based West Mississauga Medical Ltd. for a total consideration of CA$200,000 (CA$140,000 in cash and CA$60,000 in company shares), it announced in a news release.
"The acquisition is part of CloudMD's national growth strategy which includes having well-established brick-and-mortar clinic partners in major provinces," the release noted. "These clinics ultimately provide a strong, centralized patient base and footprint across the country."
West Mississauga Medical is a 16-year-old family and specialty medicine clinic composed of eight primary care physicians and four specialists, who serve more than 100,000 patients. In 2019 the practice generated revenue of $1.8 million and EBITDA margins exceeding 11%, thus, making the acquisition immediately accretive to CloudMD, the company noted.
The company stated that the clinic's doctors will immediately start servicing CloudMD's registered users and patients in Ontario, and CloudMD will integrate West Mississauga Medical into its electronic medical records platform.[NLINSERT]
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with CloudMD Software & Services Inc. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of CloudMD Software & Services Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.