In a news release, Avivagen Inc. (VIV:TSX.V; VIVXF:OTCQB), which develops and commercializes immune-system improving products for livestock, companion animal and human applications, announced that "it has recorded its first sale of OxC-beta™ Livestock in Brazil."
The firm indicated that the purchase totaling 125 kg was made by its distribution partner Look Chemicals. Avivagen noted that the sale represents an introductory order as it commences with the roll out of the product for use in the Brazilian market.
Avivagen's CEO Kym Anthony commented, "We are very excited to announce our first order of OxC-beta™ Livestock in Brazil, one of the largest and most important livestock feed markets in the world...Similar to our experience with our initial orders with UNAHCO in the Philippines and Industrias Melder in Mexico, we are confident that demand for OxC-beta™ Livestock will grow once this initial order is fully utilized."
The firm explained that Brazil is the third largest livestock feed market in the world. The country consumes about 69 million tons of livestock feed annually and is also a key exporter to regions including Europe that have enacted regulations banning the use of antibiotics in livestock feed.
The company mentioned that its OxC-beta™ technology is derived from its β-carotene and other carotenoid discoveries. The firm noted that these compounds that support immune function are what give many fruits and vegetables their bright colors. The company's OxC-beta™ Livestock is currently approved for use in nine markets worldwide including Australia, Brazil, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and the U.S.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following company mentioned in this article is a billboard sponsor of Streetwise Reports: Avivagen. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Avivagen, a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.