In an April 22 research note, analyst Philip Ker reported that PI Financial updated its model on Troilus Gold Corp. (TLG:TSX; CHXMF:OTCQB) to account for the envisioned operating scenario and upcoming preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on its Troilus gold project.
Ker first recapped results of all drilling done on the project. The most recent drill results, he noted, from the Southwest zone suggest potential to expand the Troilus project resource beyond the current estimates of 4.71 million ounces (4.71 Moz) of gold equivalent (Au eq) in the Indicated category and 1.76 Moz of Au eq in the Inferred.
Previous drilling, done in 2018 and 2019, extended the mineralization in the J zone (J4-J5 pits) and the Z87 pit to a vertical depth of about 500 meters. Expansion drilling around the Z87 pit led to the discovery of Z87 South and the delineation of Southwest.
The analyst next delivered the highlights of PI Financial's newly conceived mining scenario at Troilus. It incorporates an open-pit operation with a 16-year mine life. The project would produce 158,000 ounces of Au eq per year, or 2.5 Moz of Au eq over the life of mine, assuming recovery rates of 93% for gold and 85% for copper and mill throughput of 20,000 tons per day.
Costs are estimated at US$225 million in initial capex and $96 million in sustaining capital. "We highlight current infrastructure lends to derisking efforts and is likely to reduce upfront capex and project development timeline," Ker commented.
Assuming a gold price of US$1,500 per ounce, the resulting Troilus project economics would be an estimated $200 million net present value at an 8% discount.
Ker also wrote that "given the modest production profile, favorable operating jurisdiction and attractive forex rates, we see the Troilus project emerging as a viable bolt-on asset for a producer as an acquisition target."
PI Financial has a Buy rating and a CA$1.55 per share target price on Troilus Gold, whose current share price is about CA$1.11.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Troilus Gold. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
Disclosures from PI Financial, Troilus Gold Corp., Corporate Update, April 22, 2020
I, Philip Ker, hereby certify that all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject securities or issuers. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report. I am the research analyst primarily responsible for preparing this report.
1) PI Financial Corp. and its affiliates’ holdings in the subject company’s securities, in aggregate exceeds 1% of each company’s issued and outstanding securities. No
2) The analyst(s) responsible for the report or recommendation on the subject company, a member of the research analyst’s household, and associate of the research analyst, or any individual directly involved in the preparation of this report, have a financial interest in, or exercises investment discretion or control over, securities issued by the following companies. No
3) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates have received compensation for investment banking services for the subject company over the preceding 12-month period. Yes
4) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates expect to receive or intend to seek compensation for investment banking services from the subject company. Yes
5) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates have managed or co-managed a public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months. No
6) The following director(s), officer(s) or employee(s) of PI Financial Corp. is a director of the subject company in which PI provides research coverage. No
7) A member of the research analyst’s household serves as an officer, director or advisory board member of the subject company. No
8) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates make a market in the securities of the subject company. No
9) Company has partially funded previous analyst visits to its projects. Yes
10) Additional disclosure: No
Analysts are compensated through a combined base salary and bonus payout system. The bonus payout is amongst other factors determined by revenue generated directly or indirectly from various departments including Investment Banking. Evaluation is largely on an activity-based system that includes some of the following criteria: reports generated, timeliness, performance of recommendations, knowledge of industry, quality of research and investment guidance, and client feedback. Analysts are not directly compensated for specific Investment Banking transactions.