In a news release, threat detection and counter-terrorism solutions company Patriot One Technologies Inc. (PAT:TSX; PTOTF:OTCQX) announced that "its wholly-owned subsidiary Xtract Technologies Inc. has secured a CA$150,000 grant with Health Canada via the Innovative Solutions Canada program to utilize artificial intelligence in a bid to increase the success rate of organ donation, as well as the success rate of transplantations within Canada."
The company explained that the objective of the Deep Learning for Enhancing Organ Donation Rates project is to solve the problem that even though there has been an increase in the number of organ donors, transplantation success rates have lagged. The firm stated that in order to improve donation success rates, a tool is needed to better predict the donation window for a potential donor so that healthcare resources can be optimized. The company believes that such a tool can improve success rates by standardizing and personalizing the assessment of the donor and organ suitability to find the best match and assist with organ retrieval decisions. Xtract AI plans to use its expertise to model the process of locating the right donors and connecting to a model that will help recipients make informed organ acceptance decisions.
The firm explained that it will develop a semi-automated deep learning system that will identify the best potential donor-recipient matches for kidney transplants. The company will access publicly available data to obtain matches, which will be labeled as "good" or "bad" based on calculated organ survival times. Xtract AI stated that "it will use data from the United Network for Organ Sharing registry to build a dataset of waiting times for kidney transplant recipients in the waitlist queue." This firm indicated that this model, when used together with its matching model, will help recipients decide whether to accept one of the potential donors or wait for a better matched donor.
Xtract AI's Co-Founder Elliot Holtham remarked, "This is exciting work for a very important issue. Deep learning algorithms are highly generalizable and we hope our model may be expanded to other organ transplants as needed."
Xtract AI utilizes advanced technology to develop artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep neural networks and predictive solutions for use by public institutions and private companies. The firm stated that it develops AI solutions to solve challenges across computer vision, natural language processing, anomaly detection, and time-series analysis for security, defense, environmental solutions and healthcare applications.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Patriot One Technologies. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Patriot One Technologies, a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.