In a news release, Great Bear Resources Ltd. (GBR:TSX.V; GTBDF:OTCQX) announced it implemented operational changes in the wake of COVID-19 such that the exploration program at Dixie may continue.
"We have implemented comprehensive new operational procedures designed to limit the risk of infectious transmission, which should allow exploration to proceed in the safest manner possible," President and CEO Chris Taylor said in the release. "Under current Federal and Provincial government guidelines, we anticipate being able to continue the current drill program throughout 2020 and into 2021 and do not require additional funding for this work."
The purpose of the new measures is to limit coronavirus infection risk among the company's workers and their local communities. To ensure the ongoing protection of their health, Great Bear will keep following the COVID-19 situation and adjust its policies as necessary.
Specifically, the Canadian exploration firm implemented these measures in accordance with governmental recommendations and will continue them until those advisories change.
1) Office staff members are working from home.
2) Only crew members who live in Red Lake, Ontario, or within safe driving distance are working on site, and they will not take public transportation before or during rotation. Great Bear does not have a camp.
3) Project employees will not take commercial airline flights.
4) Crew members will avoid outside social gatherings.
5) Separate work facilities to create distance among staff have been established.
6) Separated crew accommodations are in place.
7) All crew members are being monitored for illness symptoms. Should they appear, workers will self-quarantine for 14 days.
8) On site, extra cleaning measures are being taken.
9) External assay laboratories are undertaking additional cleaning procedures with respect to samples.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Great Bear. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.