The firm noted that COVID-19 virus has infected more than 93,000 people globally including recent detections in the U.S. The company claimed that "it has many years of experience processing specimens for the detection of viral pathogens and that the test the firm employs is a molecular test that determines the presence of viral ribonucleic acid (RNA) in respiratory specimens collected from patients by healthcare providers."
The company's CEO Dr. Elazar Rabbani commented, "Clinical laboratories play a vital role in combating serious challenges to public health, including those posed by COVID-19. We are pleased to be able to rapidly respond to the urgent need for this test and we remain committed to working with our industry partners to address this challenge."
The firm advised that it is also actively engaged in development efforts for the next generation COVID-19 testing option. The company indicated that its new and innovative testing process includes virus-inactivating specimen collection media to lessen transmission risks for healthcare workers and clinical laboratory testing staff. The firm stated that it is consulting with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on implementing enhanced testing capabilities.
Enzo Biochem is based in Farmingdale, N.Y., and stated that it is a "pioneer in molecular diagnostics, leading the convergence of clinical laboratories, life sciences and intellectual property through the development of unique diagnostic platform technologies that provide numerous advantages over previous standards." The firm reported that it has extensive enabling technologies and platforms and that its intellectual property portfolio includes 406 issued patents worldwide with more than 75 new pending patent applications.
Enzo Biochem started the day with a market capitalization of around $107.5 million with approximately 47.5 million shares outstanding. ENZ shares opened nearly 50% higher today at $3.35 (+$1.09, +48.23%) over yesterday's closing price of $2.26. The stock has since traded higher today between $2.86 and $3.77 per share and is currently trading at $3.60 (+$1.38, +62.16%).[NLINSERT]
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.