Get the Latest Investment Ideas Delivered Straight to Your Inbox. Subscribe

News Update


Energy Firm to Farm Out Offshore South Africa Asset Interest
News Update

Share on Stocktwits


In doing so, Africa Energy will reduce its ownership from 90% to 27.5%.

Africa Energy Corp. (AFE:TSX.V; AEC:NASDAQ) announced in a news release it signed two agreements to farm out part of its Block 2B in offshore South Africa in consideration for a carry through the next exploration well, Gazania-1, which is expected to spud by year-end 2020.

Specifically, the Canadian oil and gas company will farm out a total of 62.5% interest in Block 2B, 50% plus operatorship to Azinam and 12.5% to Panoro Energy. (Africa Energy owns 90% of Block 2B and is the operator whereas joint venture partner Crown Energy owns the remaining 10%).

In exchange, Azinam, a private Southern Africa-focused oil and gas exploration company, put down a $1.5 million deposit when the agreement was signed and will pay Africa Energy another $0.5 million at close along with a small part of Gazania-1 and other joint venture costs.

Panoro, a publicly traded, Africa-focused oil and gas exploration and production firm, will pay a small portion of Gazania-1 costs.

Africa Energy will retain a 27.5% participating interest in Block 2B, which, located in the Orange Basin, encompasses 3,604 square kilometers off of South Africa's west coast. Gazania-1 "will target a relatively low-risk rift basin oil play updip from the discovery," the release noted.


1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
4) The article does not constitute investment advice. Each reader is encouraged to consult with his or her individual financial professional and any action a reader takes as a result of information presented here is his or her own responsibility. By opening this page, each reader accepts and agrees to Streetwise Reports' terms of use and full legal disclaimer. This article is not a solicitation for investment. Streetwise Reports does not render general or specific investment advice and the information on Streetwise Reports should not be considered a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Streetwise Reports does not endorse or recommend the business, products, services or securities of any company mentioned on Streetwise Reports.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.

Want to read more about Oil & Gas - Exploration & Production investment ideas?
Get Our Streetwise Reports Newsletter Free and be the first to know!

A valid email address is required to subscribe