This morning, shares of clinical-stage biotechnology firm Viela Bio Inc. (VIE:NASDAQ), which is focused on pioneering treatments for autoimmune and severe inflammatory diseases, traded more than 20% higher after a report that H.C. Wainwright & Co. initiated coverage of the company with a "Buy and price target of $60."
According to the report, H.C. Wainwright analyst Raghuram Selvaraju, Ph.D., stated, "Viela Bio has demonstrated what we believe to be best-in-class clinical data in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD)...We expect inebilizumab to garner a commanding share of the market in NMOSD, given its best-in-class profile."
Viela Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company headquartered in Gaithersburg, Md., that is focused on the development and commercialization of treatments for autoimmune and severe inflammatory diseases. The firm's research is aimed at targeting the underlying molecular pathogenesis of the disease and is concentrated on well-established critical biological pathways shared across multiple indications. The company filed a Biologics License Application (BLA) for its lead asset inebilizumab, a first-line monotherapy treatment for patients with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD), which has been accepted for review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Viela is also advancing clinical studies in diseases including Sjögren's syndrome, myasthenia gravis and IgG4-related disease.
Viela Bio began the day with a market capitalization of around $1.9 billion with approximately 50.96 million shares outstanding. Following the Presidents Day holiday, VIE shares opened today at $38.53 (+$1.02, +2.72%) over Friday's closing price of $37.31. The stock has traded today between $38.53 and $45.50 per share and is currently trading at $43.98 (+$6.47, +17.25%).[NLINSERT]
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.