In a Jan. 31 research note, Haywood analyst Colin Healey reported Plateau Energy Metals Inc.'s (PLU:TSX.V; PLUUF:OTCMKTS) new drill results show Falchani West "continues to suggest large resource potential, which is consistent with our expectation that the total resource at the project can easily double from the maiden estimate with more drilling."
The recently released results are from four holes at Falchani West and three holes at Falchani East. Results from four additional completed Falchani West drill holes remain outstanding.
Healy relayed that the just-reported holes in the west demonstrated expansion of mineralization previously identified through surface sampling and mapping. Hole PLAT33-V, for instance, showed 200 meters (200m) of 2,519 parts per million (2,519 ppm) graded lithium from 117m downhole in thin upper brecchia, tuff and lower brecchia, including a 156m intersection within the latter averaging 2,624 ppm lithium from a 161m depth. Also in this hole, lithium values up to 4,862 ppm were detected. Mineralization is shallower than in the east.
The prospect is good for Plateau Energy to add to the existing resource before its next update, Healey pointed out. The thickness and grade of the lithium-rich lower brecchia, which are superior to those in the east, "should build resource tons quickly," he noted.
Preliminary metallurgical testing on this brecchia indicates leaching qualities like those of the main tuff unit and, therefore, suggests potentially similar economics, which is positive. "Good grades plus compatible metallurgy would mean a significant resource contribution from this material," added Healey.
The results from the east holes revealed the thickness and grade of the tuff unit were better than initially expected.
Coming up shortly, Plateau will recommence drilling with three rigs, aiming to extend mineralization to the west and to the north of Falchani West.
In late March, the company intends to release a resource update for Falchani, and Haywood recommends accumulating stock in advance of that "critical" catalyst, Healey indicated. The share price at the time of writing of CA$0.66 is "an attractive entry point." Haywood's price target on Plateau Energy is CA$3, and it is rated a Buy.[NLINSERT]
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
Disclosures from Haywood Securities, Plateau Energy Metals, January 31, 2019
Haywood Securities, or certain of its affiliated companies, may from time to time receive a portion of commissions or other fees derived from the trading or financings conducted by other affiliated companies in the covered security. Haywood analysts are salaried employees who may receive a performance bonus that may be derived, in part, from corporate finance income.
Haywood Securities, Inc., and Haywood Securities (USA) Inc. do have officers in common however, none of those common officers affect or control the ratings given a specific issuer or which issuer will be the subject of Research coverage. In addition, the firm does maintain and enforce written policies and procedures reasonably designed to prevent influence on the activities of affiliated analysts.
Analyst Certification: I, Colin Healey, hereby certify that the views expressed in this report (which includes the rating assigned to the issuer’s shares as well as the analytical substance and tone of the report) accurately reflect my/our personal views about the subject securities and the issuer. No part of my/our compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations.
The following Important Disclosures apply:
▪ As of the end of the month immediately preceding this publication either Haywood Securities, Inc., one of its subsidiaries, its officers or directors beneficially owned 1% or more of Plateau Energy Metals Inc. (PLU-V).
▪ Haywood Securities, Inc. has reviewed lead projects of Plateau Energy Metals Inc. (PLU-V) and a portion of the expenses for this travel may have been reimbursed by the issuer.
▪ Haywood Securities Inc. or one of its subsidiaries has managed or co-managed or participated as selling group in a public offering of securities for Plateau Energy Metals Inc. (PLU-V) in the past 12 months.
▪ Haywood Securities, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries has received compensation for investment banking services from Plateau Energy Metals Inc. (PLU-V) in the past 12 months.
▪ Haywood Securities, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries has received compensation for investment banking services from Plateau Energy Metals Inc. (PLU-V) in the past 24 months.
Other material conflict of interest of the research analyst of which the research analyst or Haywood Securities Inc. knows or has reason to know at the time of publication or at the time of public appearance:
▪ As of the end of the month immediately preceding this publication either Haywood Securities, Inc., one of its subsidiaries, its officers or directors beneficially owned 10% or more of Plateau Energy Metals Inc. (PLU-V).