Goldplay Exploration Ltd. (GPLY:TSX.V; GLYZF:OTCQB) just announced high-grade silver-lead-zinc-gold mineralization from sampling of a re-opened historical tunnel at San Marcial. Results include 13 meters at 1,048 grams per ton silver equivalent (Ag eq).
Marcio Fonseca, Goldplay's president and CEO noted, "We recently re-opened a historical underground tunnel that cuts through the foot wall sequence of the San Marcial deposit and through the silver-lead-zinc-gold bearing hydrothermal breccia. The high-grade results that we received over substantial widths, including 3 meters at over 1.9 kg/t AgEq, support the high-grade nature of the mineralization. Our understanding of the geological controls on the high-grade mineralization will assist in the planning of our upcoming drill program. The tunnel results support continuity of the polymetallic mineralization from surface and provide positive correlation with our current 3D modeling, which will lead into a new NI 43-101 resource estimate, expected in January 2019."
On October 30, Goldplay announced that ongoing sampling of the historical drill core at San Marcial continues to yield intercepts of silver-gold-lead-zinc mineralization, with recent results returning 23 meters of 160 g/t Ag eq, as an example.
Other highlights from recent sampling are:
- 61m (true width 47.8m) of 93 g/t Ag eq
- 56m (true width 42m) at 61 g/t Ag eq, including 33m (true width 24.8m) at 79 g/t Ag eq
- 12.5m (true width 9.4 meters) of 126 g/t Ag eq
Generally, the company noted these findings demonstrate a doubling of the footprint of the modeled historical resource, with much wider and continuous mineralization along strike and downdip. They show potential for expansion and further exploration upside. In addition, they reinforce open-pit mining potential for the historical resource area.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Goldplay Exploration. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Goldplay Exploration, a company mentioned in this article.