A Dec. 12 Eight Capital research note indicated that GFG Resources Inc. (GFG:TSX.V; GFGSF:OTCQB) entered into agreements to acquire three mining projects, for a total of 560 kilometers squared (560 km2) of mineral rights west of Timmins, Ontario, which analyst Craig Stanley described as "one of the most gold-endowed regions on the planet." The assets are Rapier Gold's (RPR:TSX.V) Pen, Probe Metals Inc.'s (PRB:TSX.V) West Porcupine and Osisko Mining's (OSK:TSX) Swayze.
Stanley concluded that "once the acquisitions close, GFG Resources will hold nearly 700 km2 of highly prospective, district-scale gold properties in tier one mining jurisdictions (Wyoming and Ontario)." He added that despite the projects being early stage, they are "positive for the company as they offer prospective, easily accessible ground that can be explored year-round."
As for the acquisition of Rapier Gold and its 19,000-hectare Pen project, the price is 15 million (15M) shares, or CA$0.08 per Rapier share based on GFG's price at market close on Dec. 7, 2017, Stanley noted. Thirty-four holes totaling 8,330 meters (8,330m) have been drilled at Pen, none deeper than 310m.
Regarding the West Porcupine deal, the price is 6.5M shares, or an implied ~$3.5M, reported Stanley. Twelve holes have been drilled on the property, which consists of two blocks that span about 245 km2 and flank Pen on the east and west.
In terms of Swayze, the transaction cost is 1.1M shares, or an implied ~$600,000, Stanley wrote. No drilling has been done at Swayze, but induced polarization and magnetic surveys have. The project is 40 km east of Goldcorp Inc.'s (G:TSX; GG:NYSE) Borden project.
The research note also relayed that GFG Resources announced a nonbrokered private placement to raise up to $7M. It consists of "$2M in flow-through common shares at $0.55/share and $5M at $0.50/unit (one common share and one-half of a warrant with each whole warrant exercisable at $0.75 for 24 months)," Stanley explained.
With respect to upcoming catalysts, results from 23 holes drilled at the Rattlesnake project are expected and, subsequently in H1/18, an initial resource estimate. GFG Resources hopes to commence drilling on the newly acquired properties as early as Q2/18. "Management has budgeted $2.5M for Rattlesnake Hills and $2M for the Ontario projects in 2018," the analyst added.
Eight Capital has a target price for GFG Resources of CA$1.60. The stock is currently trading at around CA$0.50.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: GFG Resources Inc. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article/interview, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of GFG Resources Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
Disclosures from Eight Capital, GFG Resources Inc., Comment, Dec. 12, 2017
Conflicts of Interest: Eight Capital has written procedures designed to identify and manage potential conflicts of interest that arise in connection with its research and other businesses. The compensation of each Research Analyst/Associate involved in the preparation of this research report is based competitively upon several criteria, including performance assessment criteria, the quality of research and the value of the services they provide to clients of Eight Capital. The Research Analyst compensation pool GFG Resources Inc. includes revenues from several sources, including sales, trading and investment banking. Research analysts and associates do not receive compensation based upon revenues from specific investment banking transactions.
Eight Capital generally restricts any research analyst/associate and any member of his or her household from executing trades in the securities of a company that such research analyst covers, with limited exception.
Research Analyst Certification
Each Research Analyst and/or Associate who is involved in the preparation of this research report hereby certifies that:
• the views and recommendations expressed herein accurately reflect his/her personal views about any and all of the securities or issuers that are the subject matter of this research report;
• his/her compensation is not and will not be directly related to the specific recommendations or views expressed by the Research Analyst in this research report;
• they have not affected a trade in a security of any class of the issuer whether directly or indirectly through derivatives within the 30-day period prior to the publication of this research report;
• they have not distributed or discussed this Research Report to/with the issuer, investment banking at Eight Capital or any other third party except for the sole purpose of verifying factual information; and
• they are unaware of any other potential conflicts of interest.
The Research Analyst involved in the preparation of this research report does not have any authority whatsoever (actual, implied or apparent) to act on behalf of any issuer mentioned in this research report.
IIROC Rule 3400 Disclosures are available here.