Gold Standard Ventures Corp. (GSV:TSX.V; GSV:NYSE) has had a busy week with the agreement to acquire Battle Mountain Gold and the release of multiple results from its Railroad-Pinon project.
In an April 10 press release, Gold Standard Ventures reported the Dark Star prospect oxide zone had +88% cyanide soluble recoveries. The results "confirm the consistently oxidized nature of gold mineralization within the Main Dark Star and North Dark Star gold zones." Gold Standard Venture's metallurgical consultant Gary Simmons will now "proceed with the definition of composites for bottle roll and column leach tests."
ROTH Capital Partners, PI Financial and Gold Speculator released positive reviews of the Dark Star results.
ROTH Capital analyst Joe Reagor explained in an April 12 note that a combined PEA on Pinon and Dark Star deposits is probably next after the "well above our modeling assumption of an average recovery rate of 82% cyanide soluble" was reported. "We believe our estimates could prove conservative when GSV provides initial project economics. As a result of the strong recovery data for Dark Star, we are increasing our price target from $3.10 to $3.25. . .reiterating our buy rating," Reagor concluded.
Brian Szeto with PI Financial, in an April 12 Corporate Update, reviewed the Dark Star results as a positive, pointing out that "the project can be mined via an open-pit heap-leach scenario which is a very low capital intensive and proven mining flow sheet." Szeto maintains a buy rating and a target price of $3.70.
Gold Speculator's Byron King highlighted on April 11 that Gold Standard Ventures is "cashed up, with a solid drilling program set to kick off when the weather breaks. Plus, there's upside here as gold prices recover and move back onto an ascending pathway. Maintain buy on GSV, up to $3.25 per share."
One week later, in an April 18 press release, Gold Standard Ventures announced positive results from a check assay program for the North and Main Dark Start deposits. "The ALS results increase the gold grades of several significant, previously released North and Main Dark Star drill hole intercepts by 2 to 5%."
Jonathan Awde, CEO of Gold Standard, stated, "This thorough check assay program is an important step towards preparing a new resource estimate for the Dark Star area which will include the most recent drilling at Main Dark Star and North Dark Star. Our drilling last year established that these two deposits connect and we therefore expect the new resource estimate will report a total for greater Dark Star. At the same time, we are proceeding with more advanced metallurgical testing following last week's positive announcement on the cyanide solubility of Dark Star oxide gold mineralization."
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Melissa Farley compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an employee. She owns, or members of her immediate household or family own, shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. She is, or members of her immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) Gold Standard Ventures Corp. is a billboard sponsor of Streetwise Reports. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
Disclosures from ROTH Capital Partners, Gold Standard Ventures Corp. Flash Note, April 12, 2017
Regulation Analyst Certification ("Reg AC"): The research analyst primarily responsible for the content of this report certifies the following under Reg AC: I hereby certify that all views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
ROTH makes a market in shares of Gold Standard Ventures Corp. and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis.
Shares of Gold Standard Ventures Corp. may be subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission's Penny Stock Rules, which may set forth sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
Disclosures from PI Financial, Gold Standard Ventures Corporate Update, April 12, 2017
Analyst Certification: I, Brian Szeto, hereby certify that all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject securities or issuers. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report. I am the research analyst primarily responsible for preparing this report.
1) PI Financial Corp. and its affiliates’ holdings in the subject company’s securities, in aggregate exceeds 1% of each company’s issued and outstanding securities. No
2) The analyst(s) responsible for the report or recommendation on the subject company, a member of the research analyst’s household, and associate of the research analyst, or any individual directly involved in the preparation of this report, have a financial interest in, or exercises investment discretion or control over, securities issued by the following companies. No
3) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates have received compensation for investment banking services for the subject company over the preceding 12-month period. Yes
4) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates expect to receive or intend to seek compensation for investment banking services from the subject company. Yes
5) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates have managed or co-managed a public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months. No
6) The following director(s), officer(s) or employee(s) of PI Financial Corp. is a director of the subject company in which PI provides research coverage. No
7) A member of the research analyst’s household serves as an officer, director or advisory board member of the subject company. No
8) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates make a market in the securities of the subject company. No
9) Company has partially funded previous analyst visits to its projects. Yes
Analysts are compensated through a combined base salary and bonus payout system. The bonus payout is amongst other factors determined by revenue generated directly or indirectly from various departments including Investment Banking. Evaluation is largely on an activity-based system that includes some of the following criteria: reports generated, timeliness, performance of recommendations, knowledge of industry, quality of research and investment guidance, and client feedback. Analysts and all other Research staff are not directly compensated for specific Investment Banking transactions.
Disclosures from Gold Speculator, April 11, 2017
Agora Financial is a publishing house that has been focused on providing the best investment research and services available for the past 25 years. We offer over 20 publications (including Jim Rickards’ Gold Speculator), each designed to help you navigate a different area of the market. Our research is 100% unbiased and independent. This means that we never accept money from companies or investors in exchange for coverage.
We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security recommended to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation.