ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (ASLN:NASDAQ), to complement its in-progress TREK-AD dose-ranging eblasakimab trial for moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (eczema), plans a second study, TREK-DX, in the subpopulation of patients previously treated or stopped treatment with dupilumab, reported H.C. Wainwright & Co. analyst Dr. Yi Chen in a September 15, 2022 research note.
H.C. Wainwright has a Buy rating and a $1.40 per share target price on ASLAN, the current share price of which is about $0.75 per share.
ASLAN's eblasakimab is a monoclonal antibody targeting the IL-13 receptor.
"Eblasakimab's differentiated mechanism of action has the potential to lead to different clinical outcomes in dupilumab-experienced patients, thus expanding the biologic's target patient population and potentially making it the preferred treatment for moderate to severe atopic dermatitis," Chen wrote.
Enrollment for TREK-DX, or TRials in EblasaKimab in Dupilumab eXperienced AD patients, is slated to start in Q4/22, and topline data from TREK-AD are expected in H1/23, noted Chen, who summarized both trial designs.
Yet to start, TREK-DX will involve 75 patients enrolled at multiple sites throughout North America. The trial will be randomized, double-blind, and placebo controlled. Treatment will span 16 weeks with a 12-week follow-up period afterward.
As for the global TREK-AD dose-ranging study, patient screening is underway. The trial calls for 300 adults with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis to be enrolled at 100 sites. Patients will be randomized equally to these treatment arms: placebo, 300 milligrams (300 mg) and 400 mg every two weeks, and 400 mg and 600 mg every four weeks.
Primary and secondary endpoints are the same for both TREK trials. The primary endpoint is the percentage change in patients' eczema area severity index (EASI) score from baseline to Week 16.
Secondary endpoints include the proportion of patients achieving an investigator assessment score of 0 clear or 1 almost clear; the proportion of patients, each with a minimum 50%, 75%, and 90% reduction in EASI; and the change in peak pruritus.
"In our view, eblasakimab has the potential to show a greater magnitude of efficacy with prolonged treatment," Chen wrote.
H.C. Wainwright has a Buy rating and a $1.40 per share target price on ASLAN, the current share price of which is about $0.78 per share.
|Want to be the first to know about interesting Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.||Subscribe|
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: None. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures For H.C. Wainwright & Co., ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Ltd., September 15, 2022
H.C. Wainwright & Co, LLC (the “Firm”) is a member of FINRA and SIPC and a registered U.S. Broker-Dealer.
I, Yi Chen, Ph.D. CFA and Raghuram Selvaraju, Ph.D. , certify that 1) all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about any and all subject securities or issuers discussed; and 2) no part of my compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation or views expressed in this research report; and 3) neither myself nor any members of my household is an officer, director or advisory board member of these companies.
None of the research analysts or the research analyst’s household has a financial interest in the securities of ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Limited (including, without limitation, any option, right, warrant, future, long or short position). As of August 31, 2022 neither the Firm nor its affiliates beneficially own 1% or more of any class of common equity securities of ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Limited.
Neither the research analyst nor the Firm knows or has reason to know of any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of this research report. The research analyst principally responsible for preparation of the report does not receive compensation that is based upon any specific investment banking services or transaction but is compensated based on factors including total revenue and profitability of the Firm, a substantial portion of which is derived from investment banking services.
The firm or its affiliates received compensation from ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Limited for non-investment banking services in the previous 12 months. The Firm or its affiliates did not receive compensation from ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Limited for investment banking services within twelve months before, but will seek compensation from the companies mentioned in this report for investment banking services within three months following publication of the research report. The Firm does not make a market in ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Limited as of the date of this research report.
The securities of the company discussed in this report may be unsuitable for investors depending on their specific investment objectives and financial position. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. This report is offered for informational purposes only, and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any securities discussed herein in any jurisdiction where such would be prohibited. This research report is not intended to provide tax advice or to be used to provide tax advice to any person. Electronic versions of H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC research reports are made available to all clients simultaneously.
H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC does not provide individually tailored investment advice in research reports. This research report is not intended to provide personal investment advice and it does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person. Investors should seek financial advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in financial instruments and implementing investment strategies discussed or recommended in this research report. H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC’s and its affiliates’ salespeople, traders, and other professionals may provide oral or written market commentary or trading strategies that reflect opinions that are contrary to the opinions expressed in this research report.
H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC and its affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, excluding its analysts, will from time to time have long or short positions in, act as principal in, and buy or sell, the securities or derivatives (including options and warrants) thereof of covered companies referred to in this research report. The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of the available data on the company, industry or security discussed in the report. All opinions and estimates included in this report constitute the analyst’s judgment as of the date of this report and are subject to change without notice.
Securities and other financial instruments discussed in this research report: may lose value; are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.