will be operating cash flow positive by year-end and "is an acquisition target," purported Peloton Capital analyst Darren Odell in a March 9 research note.
With respect to achieving this cash goal, the Australian counterdrone products and solutions company has the following many factors working in its favor, Odell wrote.
1) DroneShield recently raised AU$29.4 million (AU$29.4M) through its stock purchase plan resulting from the AU$10.9M placement last month.
"The recent capital raise has provided DroneShield the ability to build inventory in anticipation of material contracts (and fulfill smaller contracts faster) that are expected to close, in the short to medium term," wrote Odell.
2) DroneShield recently landed two contracts totaling AU$22M.
3) The company has a robust AU$200M sales pipeline consisting of multiple contracts, each worth more than AU$10. Peloton Capital expects DroneShield to close three large and several smaller deals this year.
"Our DroneShield valuation to AU$0.84 is based on increased confidence on the closure of larger contracts in 2023 and beyond," wrote Odell.
Compared to Peloton's AU$0.84 target price, DroneShield's current share price is about AU$0.335. The company is a Buy.
4) Existing contracted customers in the Five Eyes countries will likely buy more products from DroneShield.
5) The U.S. Department of Defense recommends DroneShield.
6) The Russia-Ukraine war has heightened interest in products like those sold by DroneShield.
Attractive to Potential Buyers
With respect to DroneShield likely being acquired, Odell indicated the following factors support the belief it will happen.
1) One of DroneShield's shareholders, owning about a 5% interest, is Epirus, a California-based unmanned aerial vehicle firm.
2) Private equity backs DroneShield.
3) The U.S. government recommends DroneShield.
4) Global defense contractors have taken note of DroneShield and its recent contracts.
|Want to be the first to know about interesting Technology investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.||Subscribe|
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: Please click here for more information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
4) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of DroneShield Ltd., a company mentioned in this article.
Disclosures For Peloton Capital, DroneShield Ltd., March 9, 2023
This report is provided by Peloton Capital Pty Ltd (Peloton) (ABN 22 149 540 018, AFSL 406040) and is general in nature. It is intended solely for the use of wholesale clients, within the meaning of the Australian Corporations Act 2001. This report must not be copied or reproduced, or distributed to any person, unless otherwise expressly agreed by Peloton. This document contains only general securities information or general financial product advice. The information contained in this report has been obtained from sources that were accurate at the time of issue, including the company’s ASX releases which have been relied upon for factual accuracy. The information has not been independently verified. Peloton does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of the information in this report. The report is current as of the date it has been published.
In preparing the report, Peloton did not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific recipient. The report is published only for informational purposes and is not intended to be personal financial product advice. This report is not a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any financial product. Peloton is not aware whether a recipient intends to rely on this report and is not aware of how it will be used by the recipient. Before acting on this general financial product advice, you should consider the appropriateness of the advice having regard to your personal situation, investment objectives or needs. Recipients should not regard the report as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment.
Peloton may assign ratings as ‘speculative buy’, ‘buy’ and ‘sell’ to securities from time to time. Securities not assigned are deemed to be ‘neutral’. Being assigned a ‘speculative buy’, ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ is determined by a security total return potential, with the total return potential being aligned to the upside or downside differential between the current share price and the targeted price within a specified time horizon, if deemed appropriate. The views expressed in this report are those of the analyst/author named on the cover page. No part of the compensation of the analyst is directly related to inclusion of specific recommendations or views in this report. The analyst/author receives compensation partly based on Peloton revenues as well as performance measures such as accuracy and efficacy of both recommendations and research reports.
Peloton believes that the information contained in this document is correct and that any estimates, opinions, conclusions or recommendations are reasonably held or made at the time of its compilation in an honest and fair manner that is not compromised. However, no representation is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any estimates, opinions, conclusions or recommendations (which may change without notice) or other information contained in this report. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Peloton disclaims all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss that may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained in or omitted from this report. Peloton is under no obligation to update or keep current the information contained in this report and has no obligation to tell you when opinions or information in this report change.
Peloton does and seeks to do business with companies covered in research. As a result, investors should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest which it seeks to manage and disclose. Peloton and its directors, officers and employees or clients may have or had interests in the financial products referred to in this report and may make purchases or sales in those the financial products as principal or agent at any time and may affect transactions which may not be consistent with the opinions, conclusions or recommendations set out in this report. Peloton and its Associates may earn brokerage, fees or other benefits from financial products referred to in this report. Furthermore, Peloton may have or have had a relationship with or may provide or has provided, capital markets and/or other financial services to the relevant issuer or holder of those financial products.
Specific Disclosure: Peloton Capital raised $40.3m for DroneShield (DRO), announced March 2023, for which it earned fees.
Specific Disclosure: The analyst does hold securities in DRO.
Specific Disclosure: The report has been reviewed by DRO for factual accuracy.
Specific Disclosure: As at 9th March, Peloton Capital held c.1m DRO shares and 15m call options. This position may change at any time and without notice, including on the day that this report has been released. Peloton and its employees may from time-to-time own shares in DRO and trade them in ways different from those discussed in research. Peloton Capital may arrange the buying and selling securities on behalf of clients.