Aldeyra Therapeutics Inc. (ALDX:NASDAQ) remains on track to potentially reach three significant milestones before year-end, reported Laidlaw & Co. analyst Dr. Yale Jen, in a November 10, 2022 research note.
Together, these would advance its three primary drug candidates and potentially lift its share price.
The biopharma's shares are still undervalued, Jen highlighted. The disparity is evident when comparing Laidlaw's target price on Aldeyra, US$50 per share, to the company's current price, US$5 per share. With its upcoming catalysts and undervaluation, the company is currently a compelling investment and is rated Buy.
The Catalyst Trifecta
The developer of therapeutics for immune-mediated diseases expects to achieve the following during the last weeks of this quarter, Jen reiterated:
1) Submit a new drug application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its reproxalap drug candidate as a treatment for dry eye disease, Jen wrote. Following approval, the analyst added, Aldeyra would likely seek a partner to commercialize the therapeutic.
2) Complete a pre-NDA meeting with the FDA for its drug candidate, ADX-2191, in primary vitreoretinal lymphoma.
3) Release topline data from the Phase 2 trial of ADX-629 in acute alcoholic hepatitis.
In his research note, Jen also reported Aldeyra's Q3/22 topline financials, which were better than Laidlaw and the Street expected. The company posted a net loss of -US$14.6 million (-US$14.6M) [-US$0.25 per share], better than Laidlaw and consensus' estimates of -US$18.5M (-US$0.32 per share) and -US$20.6M (-US$0.35 per share), respectively.
At the end of Q3/22, Aldeyra had about US$185M in cash, enough, according to Jen, to carry it through next year.
|Want to be the first to know about interesting Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.||Subscribe|
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: None. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Aldeyra Therapeutics Inc., companies mentioned in this article.
Disclosures For Laidlaw & Company, Aldeyra Therapeutics, November 10, 2022
The analyst responsible for the content of this report hereby certifies that the views expressed regarding the company or companies and their securities accurately represent his personal views and that no direct or indirect compensation is to be received by the analyst for any specific recommendation or views contained in this report. Neither the author of this report nor any member of his immediate family or household maintains a position in the securities mentioned in this report.
For the purpose of ratings distributions, regulatory rules require the firm to assign ratings to one of three rating categories (i.e. Strong Buy/Buy-Overweight, Hold, or Underweight/Sell) regardless of a firm's own rating categories. Although the firm’s ratings of Buy/Overweight, Hold, or Underweight/Sell most closely correspond to Buy, Hold and Sell, respectively, the meanings are not the same because our ratings are determined on a relative basis against the analyst sector universe of stocks. An analyst's coverage sector is comprised of companies that are engaged in similar business or share similar operating characteristics as the subject company. The analysis sector universe is a sub-sector to the analyst's coverage sector, and is compiled to assist the analyst in determining relative valuations of subject companies. The composition of an analyst's sector universe is subject to change over time as various factors, including changing market conditions occur. Accordingly, the rating assigned to a particular stock represents solely the analyst's view of how that stock will perform over the next 12-months relative to the analyst's sector universe. Additional information available upon request. ‡ Laidlaw & Company has received compensation from the subject company for investment banking services in the past 12 months and expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking services from the company in the next three months.
As of the date of this report, neither the author of this report nor any member of his immediate family or household maintains an ownership position in the securities of the company (ies) mentioned in this report.
This report does not provide individually tailored investment advice and has been prepared without regard to the individual financial circumstances and objectives of persons who receive it. Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd. recommends that investors independently evaluate particular investments and strategies, and encourages investors to seek the advice of a financial adviser. The appropriateness of a particular investment or strategy will depend on an investor's individual circumstances and objectives.
The securities, instruments, or strategies discussed in this report may not be suitable for all investors, and certain investors may not be eligible to purchase or participate in some or all of them. This report is not an offer to buy or sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security/instrument or to participate in any particular trading strategy.
Associated persons of Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd not involved in the preparation of this report may have investments in securities/instruments or derivatives of securities/instruments of companies mentioned herein and may trade them in ways different from those discussed in this report. While Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd., prohibits analysts from receiving any compensation. Bonus or incentive based on specific recommendations for, or view of, a particular company, investors should be aware that any or all of the foregoing, among other things, may give rise to real or potential conflicts of interest.
With the exception of information regarding Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd. this report is based on public information. Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd makes every effort to use reliable, comprehensive information, but we make no representation that it is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Any opinions expressed are subject to change and Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd disclaims any obligation to advise you of changes in opinions or information or any discontinuation of coverage of a subject company. Facts and views presented in this report have not been reviewed by, and may not reflect information known to, professionals in other Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd business areas. Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd associated persons conduct site visits from time to time but are prohibited from accepting payment or reimbursement by the company of travel expenses for such visits. The value of and income from your investments may vary because of changes in interest rates, foreign exchange rates, default rates, prepayment rates, securities/instruments prices. market indexes, operational or financial conditions of companies or other factors. There may be time limitations on the exercise of options or other rights in securities/instruments transactions. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
Estimates of future performance are based on assumptions that may not be realized. If provided, and unless otherwise stated, the closing price on the cover page is that of the primary exchange for the subject company's securities/instruments.
Any trademarks and service marks contained in this report are the property of their respective owners. Third-party data providers make no warranties or representations of any kind relating to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the data they provide and shall not have liability for any damages of any kind relating to such data.
This report or any portion thereof may not be reprinted, sold or redistributed without the written consent of Laidlaw & Co (UK), Ltd. This report is disseminated and available primarily electronically, and, in some cases, in printed form.