announced a "bigger than expected" 2023 exploration plan for its Kitsault Valley project in British Columbia's Golden Triangle, to start in Q2/23," reported Haywood Securities analyst Dr. Geordie Mark in an April 24 research note.
"Now is the right time for leverage in precious metals through investment in Dolly Varden Silver on 2022 results and the upside potential to be germinated in the 2023 program," Mark wrote.
Accordingly, Haywood rates the Dolly Varden Silver Buy and projects an 85% return for investors with its target price of CA$2 per share. The mining company's current price is CA$1.08 per share.
Plan at a Glance
During this quarter, Dolly Varden Silver will activate five rigs at the start of a 40,000–45,000 meter (40,000–45,000m) drill program at Kitsault Valley slated for this season, Mark wrote, "to focus on discovery, growth, and derisking (infill) across the portfolio of silver and gold-rich epithermal systems." This year's drill campaign is bigger than last year's, which spanned 37,000m.
Targets will be a mix of recently drilled and yet-to-be-drilled ones.
"We believe that drilling on new targets across the strike length of the Kitsault Valley trend can continue for years with 2023 only just starting to demonstrate the value add created through overall project area consolidation completed in early 2022," wrote Mark.
Areas of Focus
The following four targets certainly will be among those that Dolly Varden Silver drills this year, reported Mark.
1) Wolf vein: Following up on last year's success here, drilling will test for strike length extension of the system and for the existence of a parallel silver-rich vein set.
2) Kitsol vein: This high-grade silver vein will undergo incremental stepout targeting.
3) Homestake Ridge: Both silver and gold mineralization will be targeted here. Dolly Varden Silver drill previously encountered high-grade gold mineralization for down plunge extensions, and drill historically hit silver-rich mineralization in stepout fashion.
"Oriented core drilling is critical to understanding the geodynamic evolution of these systems and the targeting for vein continuity," explained Mark.
4) Moose vein: This is a new target located in the potassic alteration envelope of the high-grade silver Torbrit system and the site of former workings. The silver-gold mineralization of the Moose vein has been shown to be geologically similar to that of the Wolf vein, about 1,500m to the south.
"Moose represents another step north that fills the gap between the 'silver-rich Dolly Varden systems' in the south and the 'gold-rich Homestake systems' in the north," Mark wrote.
|Want to be the first to know about interesting Gold and Silver investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.||Subscribe|
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Dolly Varden Silver Corp. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: None. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Dolly Varden Silver Corp.mentioned in this article.
Disclosures For Haywood Capital Markets, Dolly Varden Silver Corp., April 24, 2023
This report has been prepared by B. Riley Securities, Inc. (“B. Riley Securities”) and may be distributed by its affiliates and subsidiaries as third-party research pursuant to FINRA Rule 2241. National Holdings Corporation, parent company to National Securities Corporation (“National Securities”), is a subsidiary of B. Riley Financial, Inc., which is the parent company to B. Riley Securities and its affiliate B. Riley Wealth Management, Inc. (“B. Riley Wealth”). As such, each of National Securities and B. Riley Wealth may distribute B. Riley Securities research pursuant to Rule 2241 and by mutual agreement.
B. Riley Securities, B. Riley Wealth, and National Securities are broker-dealer registered with the SEC and are members of FINRA, SIPC, and the NASDAQ stock market.
The principal business address of B. Riley Securities is 11100 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 800, Los Angeles, CA 90025. The principal business address of B. Riley Wealth is 40 S. Main Street, Suite 1800, Memphis, TN 38103.
The principal business address of National Securities is 200 Vesey Street, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10281.
Company-Specific Disclosures: B. Riley Securities, Inc. or any of its affiliates, expects to receive or intend to seek compensation for investment banking services from Seabridge Gold Inc. in the next 3 months.
B. Riley Securities, Inc. or any of its affiliates, has received compensation for investment banking services from Seabridge Gold Inc. in the past 12 months.
Seabridge Gold Inc. currently is, or within the past 12 months was, a client of B. Riley Securities, Inc. The services provided were Investment Banking Services.
For up-to-date B. Riley Securities, Inc. company disclosures, please click on the following link or paste the URL in a web browser: https://brileysecurities.bluematrix.com/sellside/Disclosures.action.
General Disclosures: Information about the Research Analyst Responsible for this report:
The primary analyst(s) covering the issuer(s), Lucas N. Pipes, CFA, certifies (certify) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect the analyst's personal views as to the subject securities and issuers and further certifies that no part of such analyst's compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed by the analyst in the report. The analyst(s) responsible for this research report has received and is eligible to receive compensation, including bonus compensation, based on B. Riley Securities, Inc.’s overall operating revenues, including revenues generated by its investment banking activities.
Information about B. Riley Securities, Inc.’s Conflicts Management Policy: B. Riley Securities, Inc.’s Research conflicts management policy is available at: https://brileyfin.com/conflicts-management- policy/.
Information about investment banking: In the normal course of its business, B. Riley Securities, Inc. or any of their affiliates seek to perform investment banking and other services for various companies and to receive compensation in connection with such services. As such, investors should assume that B. Riley Securities, Inc., or any of their affiliates intend to seek investment banking or other business relationships with the companies covered in their research reports.
Information about our recommendations, holdings and investment decisions: The information and rating(s) included in this report represent the long-term view as described more fully below. The analyst may have different views regarding short-term trading strategies with respect to the stocks covered by the rating(s), options on such stocks, and/or other securities or financial instruments issued by the company, and such views may be made available to all or some of our clients from time to time. Our brokers also may make recommendations to their clients, and our affiliates may make investment decisions that are contrary to the recommendations contained in this research report. Such recommendations or investment decisions may be based on the particular investment strategies, risk tolerances, and other investment factors of that particular client or affiliate. From time to time, B. Riley Securities, Inc., its affiliated entities, or their respective directors, officers, employees, or members of their immediate families may have a long or short position in the securities or other financial instruments mentioned in this report.
We provide to certain customers on request specialized research products or services that focus on covered stocks from a particular perspective. These products or services include, but are not limited to, compilations, reviews, and analysis that may use different research methodologies or focus on the prospects for individual stocks as compared to other covered stocks or over differing time horizons or under assumed market events or conditions. Readers should be aware that we may issue investment research on the subject companies from a technical perspective and/or include in this report discussions about options on stocks covered in this report and/or other securities or financial instruments issued by the company. These analyses are different from fundamental analysis, and the conclusions reached may differ. Technical research and the discussions concerning options and other securities and financial instruments issued by the company do not represent a rating or coverage of any discussed issuer(s).
The disclosures concerning distribution of ratings and price charts refer to fundamental research and do not include reference to technical recommendations or discussions concerning options and other securities and financial instruments issued by the company.
Our analysts’ short-term views, recommendations by our brokers, views contained in products and services provided to customers on an individualized basis, and\or strategies, analysis, or decisions made by B. Riley Securities, Inc. or its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, or members of their immediate families may be different from those published by the analyst in this report and could impact the price of the securities mentioned in this report.