Vancouver-based mining exploration company Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. (TERA:CSE) this morning said it had extended yet again its polymetallic footprint after a positive step out drill exploration within its flagship project in Bosnia.
The company announced today that it intersected 284 g/t silver equivalent (Ageq) over 10 meters from surface, including 895 g/t Ageq over 2 meters at Viogor-zanik Project in Bosnia.
This is the company's fifth successful exploration drill hole within the Cumavici Ridge target, following their discovery of silver and sulfide mineralization between September and October 2022.
Terra Balcanica confirmed that the Cumavici Ridge is a high-grade polymetallic target, with a significant potential for expansion given the shallow nature of the epithermal system detected so far (30-85 m depth).
Terra Balcanica is a polymetallic resources exploration company based in Vancouver, BC, Canada, targeting large-scale mineral systems in the Balkans of southeastern Europe. They have a 90% stake in their main Viogor-Zanik project in eastern Bosnia and fully-owned mineral exploration licenses in Kaludra and Ceovishte in Serbia. The license sites in Serbia are drill-ready and present bonanza-grade Pb-Zn surface geochemistry and multi-ounce gold assays from grab samples.
From its current price being in the lower 20s per ounce, expert analyst David Morgan sees the silver potentially shooting up to US$50 per oz and even pushing up to US$100 if the US$50 wall is pierced. He said 2023 is a good year for silver and that if prices go up to US$32 or US$33, the trajectory will easily reach the US$50 level.
Technical analyst Clive Maund said that Terra is one of his top 3 metal stocks.
He attributed the demand growth prospect to the overall tight supply of silver, having a 200 million oz deficit. Morgan clarified that there is no shortage, but it is "difficult to source" silver at present.
"If [silver prices] gets to US$50, I don't know if it will happen this year, but when it happens, there will be a sell-off for a while . . . and silver will base around US$35, US$40, or US$45 then regather its strength and shoot up through US$50," Morgan said.
Consecutive Silver Explorations Amid Tight Supply
Terra has been expanding its exploration of the shallow Cumavici corridor at an accelerated pace, having reported multiple drill step out over the last few months.
Technical analyst Clive Maund flagged Terra as one of his top 3 metal stocks, as the company continues showing positive drilling results when it comes to silver. With the company confirming consistent high-grade polymetallic drill intercepts at its flagship project in Bosnia, and the future drilling program in Serbia, Terra Balcanica is set to benefit from increased silver price and demand.
As said earlier this month, Terra Balcanica Resources plans to enter the regional SE European battery metal exploration space. Further details surrounding this development will be released around mid-March.
Other than that, Terra will continue its Phase 2 7,000-meter diamond core drilling program at its flagship Viogor Zanik. This will be divided by target as:
- 4,000m at the Cumavici Ag-Zn-Pb-Au-Sb target – mineral resource definition
- 2,000m at the Brezani Au skarn/porphyry target – preliminary target definition
- 1,000m at the Olovine Mo-Cu porphyry target – preliminary target definition
Ownership and Share Structure
Streetwise Ownership Overview*
Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. (TERA:CSE)
51.6 % of the company's stock is held by management, insiders, and directors. Among the top investors in management, CEO Dr. Aleksandar Mišković owns 11.7% of Terra's stock, with 9.21 million shares, according to Reuters. Co-founder and Director Aleksandar Ilić has 12.46%, with 9.0 million shares.
Non-Executive Chairman Giulio Bonifacio has 3.99%, with 2.93 million shares, and Director Brandon Bonifacio M.Eng., MBA is at 2.29%, with 2.15 million shares. An estimated 48.4% is in retail, according to the company.
Terra Balcanica has CA$300,000 in the bank with a CA$40,000 monthly burn rate and CA$260/meter in drilling costs. The company has a market cap of CA$6.67 million and 84.757 million outstanding shares. It trades in the 52-week range between CA$0.05 and CA$0.20.
Want to be the first to know about interesting Silver investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.
1) Nika Cataldo wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. Please click here for more information.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Streetwise Reports for this article. Streetwise Reports was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this article. Streetwise Reports requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Reports relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Reports has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously publish Terra Balcanica Resources Corp., a company mentioned in this article.