released additional drill results that "confirm the discovery of the new high-grade 'Connector zone'" between the past-producing Z87 and J zones at its namesake Troilus project, reported Laurentian Bank Securities mining analyst Jacques Wortman in a November 8, 2022 research note. This new zone is outside of the pit shells outlined in previous preliminary economic assessments.
"The intersection of a second high-grade structure (new X22 zone assays announced last month) further appears to validate Troilus Gold management's decision to defer its economic study work to include the new structures in the definitive feasibility study by H2/23," Wortman wrote.
Regarding the new drill results, Troilus Gold reported five holes, all part of its recently completed 11,000-meter (11,000m) drill program aimed at expanding mineralization to the north and south of the Z87 pit. Wortman presented the results of the highlight holes.
Hole 87-422 hit both J zone and Z87 mineralization, indicating the two areas connect. Intersection with the J zone was within 200m of surface, as indicated by the intercept, 1.75 grams per ton gold equivalent (1.75 g/t Au eq) over 138m, starting 157m downhole.
The analyst also pointed out Laurentian's target price on Troilus Gold, Buy rated, is CA$2.50 and the Canadian explorer's current share price is about CA$0.56.
Intersection with Z87 was deeper, as demonstrated through two intervals. They are 3.58 g/t Au eq over 38m, starting 200m downhole, and 5.19 g/t Au eq over 21m, starting 217m downhole.
Wortman reported that the high-grade Connector zone structure looks to be subvertical. Drilling there appears to be perpendicular to and was likely not "down the throat of" the structure, given hole dip was 55 degrees. More work, however, is needed to delineate the structure's actual orientation and thickness.
As for stepout drilling from Z87, represented by four reported holes, it too was positive with mineralization encountered. Wortman relayed the results of three highlight holes, all of which were oriented to previously reported hole 87-421.
- Hole 87-419, drilled a 200m step back from 87-421, showed 1.35 g/t Au eq over 98m, starting 549m downhole, including 2.89 g/t over 33m.
- Hole 87-420, drilled a 100m step back from 87-421, returned 1.1 g/t Au eq over 91m, starting 475m downhole, including 1.95 g/t Au eq over 24m.
- Hole 87-423, drilled a 100m step to the north of holes 87-419 and 87-420 (reported above), demonstrated 1.21 g/t Au eq over 55m, starting 505m downhole, including 2.19 g/t Au eq over 9m.
The analyst also pointed out Laurentian's target price on Troilus Gold, Buy rated, is CA$2.50 and the Canadian explorer's current share price is about CA$0.56. The large difference between these prices implies a significant potential return for Troilus Gold investors.
|Want to be the first to know about interesting Gold investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.||Subscribe|
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Troilus Gold Corp.here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: None. Please click here for more information.Click
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Streetwise Reports for this article. Streetwise Reports was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this article. Streetwise Reports requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Reports relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Reports has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Troilus Gold Corp., a company mentioned in this article.
Disclosures For Laurentian Bank Securities Equity Research, Troilus Gold Corp., November 8, 2022
"Laurentian Bank Securities Equity Research” is a trade name used by the Equity Research sector of Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. To access Laurentian Bank Securities' regulatory disclosures, please click or press on the hyperlink – https://www.vmbl.ca/portal/disclosure
The information contained in this document is based on what we deem to be reliable sources, but no guarantee or promise, explicit or implicit, is given as to the accuracy and exhaustiveness of these sources. This report shall under no circumstances be considered an offer to buy or sell, or a request to buy and/or sell the stocks mentioned. Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. and its employees may not be held liable for any monetary losses stemming from the implementation of the recommendations contained in this document. Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. and/or its officers, directors, representatives, traders, analysts and members of their families may hold positions in the stocks mentioned in this document and may buy and/or sell these stocks on the market or otherwise. Stocks in foreign currency may be adversely affected by exchange rate fluctuations. Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laurentian Bank of Canada. The opinions, projections and estimates are those of the Economic and Financial Research department of Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. as at the date appearing on the cover page, and are subject to change without prior notice. Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. may, in exchange for remuneration, act as a financial advisor or tax consultant for, or participate in the financing of companies mentioned in this document.
This study may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the consent of Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. Member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada and of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
The regulation of the securities market establishes requirements that annalysts must follow when issuing research reports or making recommendations. These guidelines are included in the research dissemination policy of Laurentian Bank Securities, available at https://www.vmbl.ca/portal/researchdissemination-policy.