On March 31, Golden Arrow Resources Corp. (GRG:TSX.V; GAC:FSE; GARWF:OTCQB) and Silver Standard Resources Inc. (SSO:TSX; SSRI:NASDAQ) announced they would be forming a 75%-25% joint venture that will combine the Chinchillas project and the Pirquitas mine. In the announcement, Golden Arrow highlighted that the agreement provides:
- Golden Arrow an opportunity to fast-track development of the Chinchillas property, in a capital efficient manner, through use of the existing production facilities at the Pirquitas Mine and establishment of common infrastructure.
- Near-term production from Chinchillas based on construction beginning in the third quarter of 2017, followed by ore delivery to the mill in the second half of 2018.
- Option exercise payment by Silver Standard to Golden Arrow of 25% of Pirquitas mine earnings less certain expenditures incurred since October 1, 2015 until closing, currently estimated at approximately US$15 million, payable on closing, which is expected on or before May 30, 2017.
Golden Arrow Executive Chairman, President and CEO Joseph Grosso stated, "This is a landmark achievement for our Company. As Golden Arrow transitions an exploration discovery into a mining operation, our shareholders stand to benefit from this profile and strengthened financial position." In an April 12 webcast, Grosso describes the circumstances leading to Golden Arrow and Silver Standard joining forces.
In Silver Standard's March 31 announcement, Paul Benson, president and CEO of Silver Standard, said, "Forming the joint venture is an excellent result due to the outstanding cooperation by our partner Golden Arrow, the Argentine government and many within Silver Standard."
Byron King, in the April 11 issue of Gold Speculator, highlighted that he had added Golden Arrow's stock to his own portfolio because of the agreement with Silver Standard. King noted that in addition to Chinchillas, "Golden Arrow holds a variety of precious metal ore deposits in Argentina. Overall, there are several different pathways to development. Golden Arrow offers significant upside in a rising environment for gold-silver. . .maintain buy and up to US$0.85/CA$1.14 per share."
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Melissa Farley compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an employee. She owns, or members of her immediate household or family own, shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. She is, or members of her immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Golden Arrow Resources Corp. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
Disclosures from Gold Speculator, April 11, 2017
Agora Financial is a publishing house that has been focused on providing the best investment research and services available for the past 25 years. We offer over 20 publications (including Jim Rickards’ Gold Speculator), each designed to help you navigate a different area of the market. Our research is 100% unbiased and independent. This means that we never accept money from companies or investors in exchange for coverage.
We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security recommended to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation.