Medical device maker SANUWAVE Health, Inc. (SNWV:OTCBB), which designs, manufactures and commercializes devices utilizing non-invasive shock wave technology for use in treatment of chronic wound care, today announced that "it is helping to treat football legend Jim McMahon Jr. with its ENERGY FIRST devices dermaPACE® and UltraMIST®."
The firm mentioned that McMahon is a well-known former professional and college hall-of-fame quarterback. McMahon became somewhat of an icon playing in the National Football League (NFL) for 15 seasons where he spent a substantial portion of his career (1982-1988) with the Chicago Bears and later with five other teams.
The company advised that as is often typical with many professional football players, throughout his career McMahon has experienced multiple musculoskeletal injuries that have required a wide range of medical care including surgery.
The firm indicated that in November 2021, McMahon underwent a series of several surgeries to repair a prior bone injury but during the process, the site of the incision had become infected which resulted in healing complications. That outcome drove Mr. McMahon and his doctors to institute a fast and effective treatment plan.
SANUWAVE stated that it was able to offer the care team a wound treatment program that would employ the company's ENERGY FIRST approach, which it says is based upon the concept that strategically directed energy can serve as an excellent first line of defense in treating both difficult to heal and chronic wounds. The firm explained that "the ENERGY FIRST approach works by activating the body's normal regenerative process using an assortment of energy waves, from shockwaves to ultrasound."
The firm stated its treatment regimen first included the application of its SANUWAVE's UltraMIST®, which it described as "a low frequency, non-contact, ultrasound technology, to the superficial wound bed to disrupt the bioburden and clean up the infection."
The company listed that the next phase of treatment involved the application of its dermaPACE® device, which utilizes targeted acoustic shockwave technology to stimulate perfusion and microvascularization of the capillary network in deep tissue.
The company stated that it was happy to report that after less than three weeks following the initial treatment, the wound was successfully healed and added that Mr. McMahon is continuing to address and improve his mobility issues with the use of the company's pulsed acoustic cellular expression system which it calls dermaPACE®.
Mr. McMahon commented, "The SANUWAVE team used their energy products to heal my foot and help me get back to the golf course."
SANUWAVE Health's Chairman and CEO Kevin Richardson remarked, "These are the moments we love to see!... At SANUWAVE, we genuinely believe our ENERGY FIRST products have the power to make a difference in the approach to treating wounds so when we see or hear these types of success stories it feels really great knowing we have made a meaningful impact not only in wound care but in someone's life!"
Yesterday, SUNWAVE also released an update regarding its June sales pipeline, system trials, and initial year-over-year revenue estimates.
The company advised that during the month of June 2022, its sales funnel which estimates potential future sales over the next six months has increased by 9% to $23.0 million. In addition, the number of system trials rose by 5% to a total of 109 active trials. The firm said that these single 60-day trial assessments are key factors in customers' purchasing decisions. The company added that it estimates that June 2022 revenue will be 75% higher y-o-y due to higher recurring revenues and conversions from evaluations.
SANUWAVE Health is a medical device company headquartered in Suwanee, Ga. that is focused on developing and commercializing non-invasive, biological response-activating medical systems that are designed to repair and regenerate skin, musculoskeletal tissue, and vascular structures. The firm's dermaPACE® System uses shockwave technology which sends out high-energy acoustic pressure waves directly into wound location to foster wound healing and closure. Its UltraMIST® System delivers low-frequency ultrasound to below the surface of wounds to promote healing.
SANUWAVE Health Inc. began the day with a market cap of around $34.6 million with approximately 517.2 million shares outstanding. SNWV shares opened 6% higher today at $0.071 (+$0.004, +5.97%) over yesterday's $0.067 closing price. The stock has traded today between $0.071 and $0.077 per share and is currently trading at $0.075 (+$0.008, +11.94%).
|Want to be the first to know about interesting Regenerative Medicine investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.||Subscribe|
1) Stephen Hytha wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.