Blueprint Medicines Corp. (BPMC:NASDAQ) entered financing agreements with Sixth Street investment firm and with Royalty Pharma for up to $125 billion, "of which Blueprint will receive $575 million ($575M) at close," reported Wedbush analyst Dr. David Nierengarten in a July 1 research note.
"We view these deals as a positive for Blueprint," Nierengarten wrote.
Wedbush updated its model on Outperform-rated Blueprint to take these agreements into account. This resulted in a lowering of Wedbush's target price on the precision therapy firm to $128 per share from $129. This compares to Blueprint's current share price of around $54.28.
According to the terms of the agreement between Blueprint and Sixth Street, the investment firm is to provide the biopharma with the following:
1) $250 million ($250M) for a 9.75% royalty on Ayvakit and BLU-263 sales with an annual net sales cap of $900M and a cumulative cap of 1.45x return on invested capital. Nierengarten noted Blueprint believes it can meet the cap, which will require about $3.7 billion in Ayvakit sales. If the company fails to reach it by an unspecified date, the cap increases to 1.85x. After it hits the cap, Blueprint will receive all Ayvakit sales revenue.
2) access to $400M in a senior secured credit facility, from which Blueprint intends to initially draw $150M.
3) access to a potential $260M credit facility to support future buy-side business development efforts subject to agreement by both parties.
The second agreement calls for Royalty Pharma to pay Blueprint $175M upfront plus $165M in potential milestone payments based on sales of Gavreto in exchange for Gavreto royalty receivables from Roche garnered outside of the U.S. but not in Greater China.
Nierengarten wrote the monetization of ex-U.S. Gavreto royalties is especially favorable to Blueprint "as we believe investors were not valuing those payments at all."
|Want to be the first to know about interesting Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals investment ideas? Sign up to receive the FREE Streetwise Reports' newsletter.||Subscribe|
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures for Wedbush, Blueprint Medicines, July 1, 2022
Analyst Certification: We, David Nierengarten and Dennis Pak, certify that the views expressed in this report accurately reflect our personal opinions and that we have not and will not, directly or indirectly, receive compensation or other payments in connection with our specific recommendations or views contained in this report.
The Distribution of Ratings is required by FINRA rules; however, WS' stock ratings of Outperform, Neutral, and Underperform most closely conform to Buy, Hold, and Sell, respectively. Please note, however, the definitions are not the same as WS' stock ratings are on a relative basis. The analysts responsible for preparing research reports do not receive compensation based on specific investment banking activity. The analysts receive compensation that is based upon various factors including WS' total revenues, a portion of which are generated by WS' investment banking activities.
Company Specific Disclosures: 1. WS makes a market in the securities of Blueprint Medicines.
Other Disclosures: The information herein is based on sources that we consider reliable, but its accuracy is not guaranteed. The information contained herein is not a representation by this corporation, nor is any recommendation made herein based on any privileged information. This information is not intended to be nor should it be relied upon as a complete record or analysis: neither is it an offer nor a solicitation of an offer to sell or buy any security mentioned herein. This firm, Wedbush Securities, its officers, employees, and members of their families, or any one or more of them, and its discretionary and advisory accounts, may have a position in any security discussed herein or in related securities and may make, from time to time, purchases or sales thereof in the open market or otherwise. The information and expressions of opinion contained herein are subject to change without further notice. The herein mentioned securities may be sold to or bought from customers on a principal basis by this firm. Additional information with respect to the information contained herein may be obtained upon request.
Wedbush Securities does and seeks to do business with companies covered in its research reports. Thus, investors should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report. Investors should consider this report as only a single factor in making their investment decision. Please see pages 3–7 of this report for analyst certification and important disclosure information.