The first dosing in the MAGE trial "demonstrates the versatility of Vaccitech plc's (VACC:NASDAQ) ChAdOx1-MVA platform in oncology and infectious diseases," wrote H.C. Wainwright & Co. analyst Yi Chen.
In the study, VTP-600 will be evaluated in combination with the current first-line treatment for non-small cell lung cancer. Topline data could read out in 2025. The study will enroll 86 patients with newly diagnosed non-small cell lung cancer at 10 specialty hospitals throughout the United Kingdom.
As for Vaccitech's acquisition of Avidea and its SNAPvax platform, it expands Vaccitech's pool of target antigens. Also, it could "augment Vaccitech's heterologous prime-boost vaccines and broaden the range of therapeutic areas the company could pursue," Chen wrote.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures for H.C. Wainwright & Co., Vaccitech plc, Jan. 19, 2022
Investment Banking Services include, but are not limited to, acting as a manager/co-manager in the underwriting or placement of securities, acting as financial advisor, and/or providing corporate finance or capital markets-related services to a company or one of its affiliates or subsidiaries within the past 12 months.
I, Yi Chen, Ph.D. CFA and Raghuram Selvaraju, Ph.D. , certify that 1) all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about any and all subject securities or issuers discussed; and 2) no part of my compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation or views expressed in this research report; and 3) neither myself nor any members of my household is an officer, director or advisory board member of these companies. None of the research analysts or the research analyst’s household has a financial interest in the securities of Vaccitech plc (including, without limitation, any option, right, warrant, future, long or short position). As of December 31, 2021 neither the Firm nor its affiliates beneficially own 1% or more of any class of common equity securities of Vaccitech plc.
Neither the research analyst nor the Firm knows or has reason to know of any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of this research report. The research analyst principally responsible for preparation of the report does not receive compensation that is based upon any specific investment banking services or transaction but is compensated based on factors including total revenue and profitability of the Firm, a substantial portion of which is derived from investment banking services.
The Firm or its affiliates did receive compensation from Vaccitech plc for investment banking services within twelve months before, and will seek compensation from the companies mentioned in this report for investment banking services within three months following publication of the research report.
H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC managed or co-managed a public offering of securities for Vaccitech plc during the past 12 months. The Firm does not make a market in Vaccitech plc as of the date of this research report.