Revive Therapeutics Ltd. (RVV:TSX.V; RVVTF:OTCMKTS) announced in a news release it met with Health Canada to discuss a Phase 3 clinical trial in Canada of Bucillamine as a therapeutic for mild to moderate COVID-19 infections.
"We were pleased with our discussions with Health Canada at the pre-CTA meeting which provided us with valuable guidance on the clinical study design and information that is required for the submission of the complete CTA package," Revive CEO Michael Frank said in the release.
"We are focused on advancing Bucillamine as a potential treatment for COVID-19, and the submission of our FDA IND application for our Phase 3 clinical study will form the foundation for our multinational clinical plans including Canada," Frank stated.
During the preclinical trial application meeting, the Ontario, Canada-based biopharmaceutical firm and Health Canada discussed the rationale for using Bucillamine, an anti-rheumatic agent, as a potential COVID-19 therapy, along with the drug's chemistry, clinical trial design, safety and manufacturing.
The federal health agency advised Revive on an ideal study design and on the clinical trial application requirements.
Revive intends to submit an investigational new drug application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration this month for Bucillamine in this indication.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Revive Therapeutics. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Revive Therapeutics, a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.