In a news release, CloudMD Software & Services Inc. (DOC:CSE; DOCRF:OTCQB; 6PH:FSE) announced "it has increased doctor onboarding efforts for CloudMD, the company's direct-to-consumer telemedicine app, to handle the expected increased demand amidst the growing coronavirus spread."
"Officials from both the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization urged hospitals and clinics to expand their use of telehealth services. Virtual care options such as video visits can be an effective way to evaluate and treat illnesses from the comfort of one's home, while minimizing exposure to other potentially contagious viruses," the company stated.
Dr. Essam Hamza, CEO of CloudMD remarked, "As demand for our services is expected to rise amidst the current coronavirus outbreak, we are increasing our physician recruitment to manage the increased demand...It's better to triage patients remotely, sending only complex cases to over-stretched hospitals, allowing for a more efficient use of healthcare resources and ultimately higher quality of care for the patient population."
Additionally, the company advised that its previously announced CA$3 million brokered financing offering with Gravitas Securities dated March 2, 2020, has received significant interest and the book will be closing Wednesday, March 11, 2020.
The company stated that that it offers patients access to all points of their care from their phone, tablet or desktop computer and that its CloudMD proprietary health technology solutions software facilitates delivery of quality healthcare across Canada through the combination of connected primary care clinics, telemedicine and artificial intelligence (AI). iCloudMD's healthcare ecosystem includes 315 clinics with more than 3,000 licensed practitioners and almost 3 million registered patients, according to the company.[NLINSERT]
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with CloudMD Software & Services Inc. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of CloudMD Software & Services Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.