Premier Health Group Inc. (PHGI:CSE; PHGRF:OTCQB; 6PH:FSE) launched CloudMD, its direct-to-consumer telemedicine app available for free download via Apple iTunes and Google Play, it announced in a news release.
With CloudMD, patients and physicians can have real-time visits through videoconferencing, on evenings and weekends as well as through regular medical office hours. The connection for these appointments, which can be initiated via a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer, occurs within minutes.
The debut of CloudMD is taking place in British Columbia, a province in which the medical services plan covers the cost of video consultations. An electronic chart will be created for each patient, so that the providers can quickly access and understand their past history and current health.
"We are excited to be launching our telemedicine service directly to consumers, enabling quality access to care for patients throughout BC," Premier Health CEO Dr. Essam Hamza said in the release. "Telemedicine prevents lapses in medical care and costly visits to the emergency department enables team-based care across different health care providers and saves travel costs and inconveniences to patients."
"With the latest Coronavirus outbreak, heading to a doctor's office or emergency room not only increases demand on already stretched resources, but also increases your chances of exposure. A telemedicine visit can be used effectively to get timely needed care and to reduce the spread of infection. Being at the forefront of today's dynamic healthcare environment, we are paving the way to connect patients with the care they need when they need it.” Dr. Hamza added.[NLINSERT]
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with Premier Health Group Inc. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Premier Health Group Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.