The first set of results is from samples taken from the Gull Lake and Rater Lake zones. "The highlight assays are 43.7 g/t Au, 28.0 g/t Au, and 19.05 g/t Au on the Gull Lake Zone with several additional assays in the 1 to 5 g/t Au range on both zones," the company reported. "These gold zones are interpreted as being the continuation of the Giant Mine gold structure, warranting immediate further work along these structural trends."
Channel sampling at the past-producing Ptarmigan mine, acquired by TerraX earlier in 2018, included "assay results for gold range up to 226 g/t Au and 126 g/t Ag in 0.50 m channel samples from Channel ECH18-037," according to the release. Results from other assays included:
• ECH18-037 - 24.75 g/t Au over 5.50 m (including 44.82 g/t Au over 3.00 m);
• ECH18-036 - 5.39 g/t Au over 7.50 m (including 10.44 g/t Au over 2.50 m);
• ECH18-035 - 4.25 g/t Au over 2.00 m.
The company's executive chairman, Joseph Campbell, noted that the samples "on both our Northbelt and Eastbelt properties were taken from easily accessible areas," alongside or proximal to roadways.
"The channels from the Ptarmigan area have grades very much in line with its historical high grade production and our initial work at both these areas confirms continuity within these large mineralizing systems. We are continuing to work in these areas and additional results are pending," Campbell commented.
TerraX's Yellowknife City gold project is located within the historically productive Yellowknife gold district in Canada's Northwest Territories.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report interviews like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new interviews and articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Tracy Salcedo compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: TerraX. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.