Cabral Gold Inc. (CBR:TSX.V; CBGZF:OTC.MKTS) recently announced its first sampling results from two new discoveries, Jerimum North and Jerimum East. In addition, further results of surface rock sampling at the Morro da Lua and Jerimum Cima targets at the Cuiú Cuiú Project, Pará State, Brazil, were reported.
“The presence of high-grade gold values on surface from newly identified targets at Morro da Lua, Jerimum North (JN) and Jerimum East (JE) continues to impress us and highlights the potential for significant untested high-grade gold mineralization at Cuiú Cuiú,” said Alan Carter, president and CEO.
Highlights of the recent work were:
- Channel samples extend the Jerimum Cima target: including 12.4m @ 1.9 g/t Au, 1.7m @ 15.7 g/t Au and 8m @ 1.1 g/t Au.
- Assay results from seven grab samples ranging from 5.5 to 162.4 g/t Au from stockpiles from separate shafts on vein showings discovered earlier this year at the Morro da Lua.
- The new target of Jerimum North was recently discovered 500m north of Jerimum Cima. Initial rock grab samples returned 52.1 g/t, 13.0 g/t, and 10.0 g/t Au.
- Jerimum East, another new target, was discovered 800m ENE of Jerimum Cima. It returned a value of 152.6 g/t Au from a single grab sample.
At the Cuiú Cuiú Project, surface exploration is intended to follow through on unexplained alluvial, geochemical anomalies and saprolite mining areas to identify new drill targets. High grades are being returned in initial sampling of the new targets. This project is located in the Tapajós Province of northern Brazil, which is where the country's largest placer-gold belt is situated. An estimated 20-30 Moz gold has been produced in this area.
Morro da Lua is a newly identified target that has not been drilled and no results have been reported previously. Results from seven composite rock samples collected material adjacent to seven separate shafts, returning values ranging from 5.5 to 162.4 g/t Au. At this location, ten active artisanal shafts are currently in production or in exploration.
At Jerimum Cima, streams that drain the target area have been reported to contain some of the richest historic placer gold mineralization at Cuiú Cuiú. Limited previous drilling returned 39m @ 5.13 g/t Au and 18m @ 1.17 g/t Au.
At Jerimum North, rock chip grab sampling of mineralized rock adjacent to an abandoned shaft returned values of 52.1 g/t, 13.0 g/t, and 10.0 g/t Au.
At Jerimum East, a grab sample taken from quartz vein material immediately adjacent to an abandoned workings returned 152.6 g/t Au.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Cabral Gold is a junior resource company engaged in the identification, exploration, and development of mineral properties, with a focus on gold properties located in Brazil.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Jake Richardson compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Cabral Gold. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with Cabral Gold. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Cabral Gold, a company mentioned in this article.