In a June 5 research note, analyst Mick Carew with Haywood Securities reported that Vancouver-based Pure Gold Mining Inc. (PGM:TSX.V) initial results from underground drilling at its Madsen gold project in Ontario are "encouraging." Within this data set is the highest grade of gold the company has announced so far.
Assays were done on drilling in the South Austin and McVeigh horizons at Madsen, in Ontario. Hole PGU-0109, within the bulk sample area, "represents the highest-grade interval reported by Pure Gold to date." It showed 22.1 meters (22.1m) grading 57.1 grams per ton (57.1 g/ton) gold including 5.2m grading 232.4 g/ton gold including 1m grading 1,175 g/ton gold. This hole suggests that higher-definition drilling is intersecting unexpectedly higher gold grades from drilling nearby. Another highlight hole in this area, PGU-0092, revealed 4.5m grading 13 g/ton gold.
In terms of results from outside of the bulk sample area, hole PGU-0103, located 25m from the exploration drift, revealed 12.7m grading 16.2 g/ton gold. This hole suggests the possible existence of other high-grade lenses next to the existing resource. Hole PGU-0888, returned a gold grade of 19.6 g/ton at 4.5m, which beat expectations.
It also is possible that in the drilled area "higher-grade material is associated with lenses and lower-grade zones that may result in greater continuity," Carew pointed out. Should this be the case, then bulk underground mining methods could perhaps be employed to increase mine throughout and lower costs.
The purpose behind the underground drilling, Carew indicated, was "to delineate initial mining shape for the early years of production, which will also represent part of a 7,200 ton bulk sample once development of a new ramp has been completed." Pure Gold Mining will use the sample in mill commissioning, which is expected in 2019. Also, it will incorporate information from the sample into the feasibility study. That study also would encompass results from 21,000m of additional drilling along with the outstanding mining and processing permits.
As far as upcoming catalysts, results from surface drilling done at Wedge and Russet South will be released when ready. An updated resource estimate for Madsen is due out in Q4/18 with a definitive feasibility study following later in the quarter. By mid-2019, Pure Gold should have all of the requisite permits to advance the project to production.
In the interim, the company will continue its underground drill program, for which it has ample cash. With about $24 million, Pure Gold is "fully funded through mid-2019," Carew noted.
Haywood Securities has a Buy rating and a CA$1 per share target price on Pure Gold Mining, whose stock is currently trading at around CA$0.63 per share.
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
Disclosures from Haywood Securities, Pure Gold Mining Inc., Radar Flash, June 5, 2018
Haywood Securities, or certain of its affiliated companies, may from time to time receive a portion of commissions or other fees derived from the trading or financings conducted by other affiliated companies in the covered security. Haywood analysts are salaried employees who may receive a performance bonus that may be derived, in part, from corporate finance income.
Haywood Securities, Inc., and Haywood Securities (USA) Inc. do have officers in common however, none of those common officers affect or control the ratings given a specific issuer or which issuer will be the subject of Research coverage. In addition, the firm does maintain and enforce written policies and procedures reasonably designed to prevent influence on the activities of affiliated analysts.
Analyst Certification: I, Mick Carew, hereby certify that the views expressed in this report (which includes the rating assigned to the issuer’s shares as well as the analytical substance and tone of the report) accurately reflect my/our personal views about the subject securities and the issuer. No part of my/our compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations.
Of the companies included in the report the following Important Disclosures apply:
▪ The Analyst(s) preparing this report (or a member of the Analysts' households) have a financial interest in Pure Gold Mining Inc. (PGM-V).
▪ At the end of the month immediately preceding this publication either Haywood Securities, Inc., one of its subsidiaries, its officers or directors beneficially owned 1% or more of Pure Gold Mining Inc. (PGM-V).
▪ Haywood Securities, Inc. has reviewed lead projects of Pure Gold Mining Inc. (PGM-V) and a portion of the expenses for this travel may have been reimbursed by the issuer.
▪ Haywood Securities Inc. or one of its subsidiaries has managed or co-managed or participated as selling group in a public offering of securities for Pure Gold Mining Inc. (PGM-V) in the past 12 months.
Other material conflict of interest of the research analyst of which the research analyst or Haywood Securities Inc. knows or has reason to know at the time of publication or at the time of public appearance: n/a.