Seabridge Gold Inc. (SEA:TSX; SA:NYSE.MKT) announced recently that two drilling rigs have been dispatched to KSM and drilling has begun. When snow conditions are more favorable, three more will be added.
The company stated that a $19.7 million is budgeted for approximately 28,000 meters of drilling and surface work in the 2018 exploration program.
"This is an aggressive program at KSM. Our main goal is to bring the Iron Cap resource up to a level where we can assess the significance of its potential contribution to the overall project. We believe that Iron Cap has considerable room to grow and its superior grade and proximity to planned infrastructure could have a major impact on KSM economic projections. The geotechnical and confirmation drilling is dedicated to ensuring that the project is ready for final feasibility work when a partner is secured," Seabridge Chairman and CEO Rudi Fronk explained.
The 2018 KSM key objectives are:
1. Completion of 21,000 meters of drilling to test the down plunge projection of the high grade core zone of the Iron Cap Deposit.
2. Evaluation of the relative positioning between Iron Cap resources and the planned alignment of the Mitchell-Treaty Tunnel.
3. Undertaking additional geotechnical and model confirmation drilling.
Seabridge Gold is based in Toronto, Canada. Principal assets are the KSM Project and Iskut Project located near Stewart, British Columbia, and the Courageous Lake gold project located in Canada's Northwest Territories.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Jake Richardson compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Seabridge Gold. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.