3D Signatures Inc. (DXD:TSX.V; TDSGF:OTCQB; 3D0:FSE) has developed a propriety software platform, TeloView, that conducts 3D analysis of chromosomal signatures. "Depending on the desired application, this platform technology can measure the stage of disease, rate of progression of disease, drug efficacy, and drug toxicity," the company has noted. The analytics can tell "doctors how to personalize treatment and best manage the disease for each individual patient."
The firm completed a Stage 3 clinical trial component for its Hodgkin's lymphoma test, Telo-HLTM, in October; the test is powered by their proprietary TeloViewTM software platform. The aim of the Telo-HLTM test is to divide patients at the point of diagnosis into those who will respond to standard chemotherapy and those who will not, and should be considered for a more targeted, and expensive, second-line therapy. Currently, patients for whom the standard chemotherapy treatment fails then have to go on to a number of additional interventions and more aggressive alternative treatments. Patients with a relapsing form of the disease often are weakened by the initial chemo treatments so they do not respond as well to the subsequent treatment.
While about 80% of Hodgkin's patients respond to the standard chemotherapy regimen, 3D Signatures CEO Jason Flowerday told Streetwise Reports that the goal of the test is to identify the 20% of patients who will relapse and require additional therapies, to save them from treatments that are unlikely to succeed. In addition, the company believes that its Telo-HLTM test could "provide significant cost savings to payors and insurers that are currently burdened with expensive treatments and procedures that may not be necessary if patients could be considered for more targeted and effective therapies at the outset of treatment."
3D Signatures is now having the Telo-HLTM data validated by a third-party statistical provider, as well as preparing for validation of the scoring model. If both validations are successful, the company plans to make the test commercially available in the coming months.
In addition to the Hodgkin's lymphoma test, 3D Signatures is developing diagnostic and prognostic products for prostate cancer, multiple myeloma and lung cancer, all at various stages of development, and finally for Alzheimer's disease, a diagnostic test that has successfully completed two blinded research studies.
On Jan. 5, Daniel Carlson of Tailwinds Research Group noted that for 3D Signatures, "2017 was a year to forget. The stock went down dramatically on the back of a very poor financing effort. However, like the Phoenix, sometimes big disasters can turn into outstanding revivals. 3DS is poised to enter into several partnerships for its interesting technology. Meanwhile, the stock's valuation discounts all success. I expect shares to advance in lockstep with the company's development of their telomere technology and for 2018 to mark a dramatic turnaround for the Company."
3D Signatures has approximately 63 million shares outstanding with about 27% controlled by insiders. The company's market cap is approximately CA$18 million.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Life Sciences Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Patrice Fusillo compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an employee. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following company mentioned in this article is a billboard sponsor of Streetwise Reports: 3D Signatures Inc. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of 3D Signatures, a company mentioned in this article.
6) For a list of disclaimers and disclosures for Tailwind Research Group, please click here.