- Placed 8,059 ounces of gold on the pad (23 percent above plan);
- Produced 3,491 ounces of gold and 1,825 ounces of silver, 20 percent higher than October;
- Mined 730,900 tons of ore (21 percent above plan);
- Crushed 728,900 tons of ore (21 percent above plan);
- Maintained a grade of 0.011 opt of gold including over liner material; and
- Achieved a low strip ratio of 0.45 for the month (74 percent below plan).
"Production reaching 3,500 ounces represents a key milestone in the continuing upward production trend. At this point mining operations now begin to contribute positive cash flows to the Company," stated William Howald, the company's president and CEO. "Three of the four new 785 haulage trucks are working with the fourth to be operational in early December. Over liner material has been laid over an extent that maximizes leach cell size and allows for a primary leach cycle of 45 days before stacking the second lift. Overliner will be completed in late December. The positive trend is continuing in Q4."
"The October and now November production results confirm the Florida Canyon mine is ramping up to commercial production in Q1 2018," he added.
George Topping, analyst with iA Securities, stated in a Dec. 11 report that "three new haulage trucks have been added, with a fourth expected this month. Additionally, the overliner placement is expected to be completed shortly. Both of these events should increase efficiencies at the mine, allowing more ore to be stacked on the pad and uninterrupted leaching."
"Rye Patch has a low EV (US$15/oz.) for a mine that just started production, and with a 200Koz p.a. capacity at the plant, at our increasing gold prices, Rye Patch should be a highly profitable mine once through the build-up period, with significant growth potential through bootstrapping Lincoln Hill and Wilco," Topping concluded. Topping rates Rye Patch as a Buy with a target price of CA$0.70.
In a Nov. 29 report, Macquarie analyst Michael Gray highlighted that he sees "potential multi-million ounce potential, including high grade feeder structures at FCM, with over a fairly sizeable target footprint and potential +200m thicknesses as observed from the latest drill results and also previous drilling." He points out that the Florida Canyon mine is "turning the corner in terms of several leading indicators (mining & crushing rates, head grade, fresh plastic pad availability)."
Gray concluded by reiterating Macquarie's Outperform rating and C$0.50 target price on Rye Patch, noting "The sulphide drill results enhance the catalyst complexion; however, we remain focused on the ramp-up execution at Florida Canyon."
Rye Patch shares are currently trading at around CA$0.23.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Melissa Farley compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an employee. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Rye Patch Gold. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
Disclosures from iA Securities, Rye Patch Gold Corp., Research Update, Dec. 11, 2017
Conflicts of Interest: The research analyst and or associates who prepared this report are compensated based upon (among other factors) the overall profitability of iA Securities, which may include the profitability of investment banking and related services. In the normal course of its business, iA Securities may provide financial advisory services for the issuers mentioned in this report. iA Securities may buy from or sell to customers the securities of issuers mentioned in this report on a principal basis.
Analyst’s Certification: Each iA Securities research analyst whose name appears on the front page of this research report hereby certifies that (i) the recommendations and opinions expressed in the research report accurately reflect the research analyst’s personal views about the issuer and securities that are the subject of this report and all other companies and securities mentioned in this report that are covered by such research analyst and (ii) no part of the research analyst’s compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed by such research analyst in this report.
Analyst Trading: iA Securities permits analysts to own and trade in the securities and or the derivatives of the issuer under their research coverage, subject to the following restrictions. No trades can be executed in anticipation of coverage for a period of 30 days prior to the issuance of the report and 5 days after the dissemination of the report to our clients. For a change in recommendation, no trading is allowed for a period of 24 hours after the dissemination of such information to our clients. A transaction against an analyst’s recommendation can only be executed for a reason unrelated to the outlook of the stock for the issuer and with the prior approval of the Director of Research and the Chief Compliance Officer.
Within the last 12 months, iA Securities has received compensation for investment banking services or has provided investment banking services with respect to the securities of the issuer.
In the past 12 months, iA Securities has managed or co-managed a public offering of securities for the issuer.
The analyst has visited the issuer’s operations in Lovelock, Nevada, US. No payment or reimbursement was received from the issuer for the associated travel costs.
In the past 12 months, neither iA Securities, its officers or directors, nor any analyst involved in the preparation of this report have provided services to the issuer for remuneration other than normal course investment advisory or trade execution services.
Disclosures from Macquarie Research, Rye Patch Gold Corp., Nov. 29, 2017
A Research Associate has visited the material operations and development assets of Rye Patch Gold within the past year; the company has furnished local transportation and accommodations as part of these site visits.
SLW CN: MACQUARIE CAPITAL MARKETS CANADA LTD./MARCHÉS FINANCIERS MACQUARIE CANADA LTÉE. or one of its affiliates managed or co-managed a public offering of securities of Rye Patch Gold Corp in the past 24 months, for which it received compensation.
Macquarie Group Limited together with its affiliates beneficially owns 1% or more of the equity securities of Rye Patch Gold Corp.
Important company disclosures are available here.
Analyst certification: We hereby certify that all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect our personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. We also certify that no part of our compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report. The Analysts responsible for preparing this report receive compensation from Macquarie that is based upon various factors including Macquarie Group Ltd total revenues, a portion of which are generated by Macquarie Group’s Investment Banking activities.