NESTIA's first project is to design and deploy electric buses that will use advanced components from Eaton, Broad Ocean and MGL.
"Bringing together the leading experts in city planning and smart grid infrastructures with Eaton's hybrid and electric vehicle technology will offer energy saving solutions to cities wishing to accelerate the adoption of clean energy vehicles and has the potential to rapidly advance the adoption of new technology in China," said Joe-Tao Zhou, president of Eaton in China.
The new alliances combine expertise to address areas needed to accelerate the deployment of electric vehicles, including:
- Preparation of a master plan for public and private electric vehicle battery swapping and charging station networks to leverage the deployment of electric vehicle networks as a catalyst for improved mobility, land use and economic growth
- Design and development of plug-in and electric vehicles and electric vehicle service equipment utilizing a global and local supply chain
- Implementation of a public electric vehicle charging station network infrastructure that includes associated procurement and construction management services
- Review of a utility company's grid infrastructure for its ability to support the new load requirements and a smart meter infrastructure and systems for utility companies
- Assistance for utility companies in preparing a portfolio of business applications for enhancement and integration to electric vehicle-specific systems.